PDA

View Full Version : Gold coast queries

Show me the fish
13-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Howdy,

I am hoping to head out the seaway early next week for the first time to try to finally get a decent fish in the new boat. Just wondering what is a good boat ramp to launch at, i have a 6m plate boat.

Also any tips of where to pickup bait or to have a fish would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Swanie1975
13-08-2011, 09:37 AM
midweek with that size rig id use the grand hotel ramp, close to the seaway and fewer wallys during the week. 2 lanes with a pontoon in the middle. can be some good entertainment tho ;D. good luck later tue/ early wed is starting to look promising.

cheers ryan:)

wayno60
13-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Either the Grand or Biggera Creek. Biggera is just ya run of the mill boat ramp but has a nice sandy beach on the left.And as said b4 the grand has the centre pontoon. which ever one you'll be in the seaway in 10 min.

Scalem
13-08-2011, 02:03 PM
I prefer going to the other side of the river, cross over to seaworld drive via the sundale bridge, then head toward seaworld nara resort, can't miss the sign to boat ramp, there are actually two there with a public toilet. Advantages - No speed zones, sandy launch, because it is on the other side, you are protected from wind if it is coming from the s/e or n/e and you are unlikely to find it hard navigating in the dark which is usually when I launch B4 sun up. Turn one corner and you are at the bar.

Regards fishing, it isn't hard.. Travel in a SE direction till you see broken ground or reef anywhere around 35 to 40 mtrs.. and travel 15 to 20 mins at normal planing speed to get there. My PB snapper of 90cm came from this area 2 years ago on plastics - it's still out there for you8-) Get out there while its still dark with fresh mullet strips and you should get a few trag jew.

Scalem

Timfishin4fun
13-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi mate here is a good start for live bait. 12s S27 57.250 W153 27.000

Just look around for the schools.

Timbo

Show me the fish
14-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Hey guys thanks for all your tips. Still tossing up whether to head out the seaway or go north to hutchies. I will let you know how i go.

Cheers

Kris