PDA

View Full Version : Knock me down with a feather

blackjew
12-08-2011, 10:11 AM
I want to share this with you guys and gals
Well i got told buy a new friend a week or 3 ago that a gift was coming via express post after 4 days i was getting pannicky.Then i started to ask questions at Australia post ,well it says on our records the item arrived in Grafton on the 20st and was delivered the same day,as i did not have to sign for it i found it strange at were it had gone.
I find out from my new friend that its actually a reel worth alot of money.Oh no a reel thats even worse ,how generous my new friend was ,wow i coulnt believe that he was sending me a gift ,let alone a reel .I had tryed every avenue possible through Australia post ,were the hell was my reel.
I was telling dad the luck i had in making a new friend ,and how he sent me a reel but it had disapeared,oH well your bithdays coming up go and get yourself a new reel bout $150, So the exceller was it ,and so went and bought a Tierra 2500,
Bugger me if 24 days later i had just finished work bout 10am when the posty rolled down the drive .He handed me a battered box in an express post bag , this is unbelievable i said to the guy ,the package got to Grafton on the 20th of July and its now 24 days later and here it is .
I opened the post pack carefully to reveal a red box IT WASNT JUST A REEL IT WAS A CERTATE 2500 R , oh and 3 spools of leader line aswell ,Lots of strange words came out my mouth , i rang my friend and he explained it was one of his and is worth alot of money,Wow you could have knocked me over with a feather , he said i have 4 of these and i can spare one for you .
I cant thank him enough for his generousity .There are some amazing people that cross our paths on our journey through life ,and i was the lucky one that met this person.Thanks Paul .

Kind regards Rob

Eug
12-08-2011, 12:00 PM
one of my favourite reels, very nice friend there.

blackjew
12-08-2011, 12:05 PM
It was a very special moment ,and i cant wait to have a fish,with it ,as ive only been flicking it round the yard .Sure is thanks EUG
Rob

Apollo
12-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Good stuff Rob. That is one thing in life we can be truely grateful for - exceptional mates. LUCK is having our kids born without any major issues and BLESSED is finding a true partner.

Now, where is the fishing report with the new reel!

Steve

blackjew
13-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi Steve thats so true and ive been bleesed with both ,Ill be sure to post some pics when i get the chance to have a fish.
Cheers Rob

Hornblower
14-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Gotta love that "Express" Post eh!