PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on utilizing this space?

FishHunter
10-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Everytime time I look at this motorwell I get the shits as its a huge waste of space. I have an idea to let a bait tank into the left hand side but am drawing a blank on the right hand side.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/razzo/Australia/Reef%20Ranger/P1010882.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/razzo/Australia/Reef%20Ranger/P1010891.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/razzo/Australia/Reef%20Ranger/P1010878.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/razzo/Australia/Reef%20Ranger/P1010880.jpg

charlie09
10-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Maybe a board screwed down as shown in pic. Leave a hole for the (looks like) filler cap. Obviously make sure that the board doesn't interfere with the operation of the motor like tilt, turn and the cables.

Cheers

sleepygreg
10-08-2011, 10:14 PM
That is exactly where I put my live bait tank on my Reef Raider. I had it custom made out of aluminium and it worked brilliantly.

Roughasguts
10-08-2011, 10:51 PM
You could get 2 cartons of Beer in there and 4 bags of ice easy!
Put a lid on it so you don't lose any over the back.

Cheers.

FishHunter
11-08-2011, 05:15 AM
Charlie that sounds like an idea but your attachment isnt working :)

charlie09
11-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Charlie that sounds like an idea but your attachment isnt working :)

Bugger why not?

FishHunter
11-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Bugger why not?

Comes up with

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

deckie
11-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Hmmm yes its a handy looking spot.
How about cutting an old piece of ply to size so it slots in snug. Then reduce a picture of Miranda Kerr in a bikini, glue on with sikaflex then cover in clear contact or epoxy to waterproof. Dont forget to sand and treat the ply edges.
or
Maybe a pullout 1 inch 316 rail that slots into flush holders between the flat areas in front of the donk...then a couple of adjustable rod holders attached either end so they sit at a good angle and height behind the baitboard.

netmaker
11-08-2011, 01:53 PM
you could get some of your crap out of your shed!!!!
cheers
davo

two dogs
11-08-2011, 02:35 PM
bigger bait board so you cant see the space...
i like the looks of the left side as a clear step through in and out of the boat. Have you thought of adding a small duck board on that side. How do you go about getting back in the boat atm if, for what ever reason, you found yourself in the drink? My uncle has two small ones on a formula, just enough room for two feet, groved timber on ss frame, ladder slides out from underneath. Not a great photo unfortunately.

could also put a false floor back to the transom similar to what we did on the pride, add a hatch and its perfect storage for those rectangle mop buckets, snapper leads, crab hooks etc

FishHunter
11-08-2011, 03:54 PM
bigger bait board so you cant see the space...
i like the looks of the left side as a clear step through in and out of the boat. Have you thought of adding a small duck board on that side. How do you go about getting back in the boat atm if, for what ever reason, you found yourself in the drink? My uncle has two small ones on a formula, just enough room for two feet, groved timber on ss frame, ladder slides out from underneath. Not a great photo unfortunately.

could also put a false floor back to the transom similar to what we did on the pride, add a hatch and its perfect storage for those rectangle mop buckets, snapper leads, crab hooks etc

I had thought about duck boards and I have a telescoping boarding ladder which still needs fitting. was going to do that on the right hand side and leave the left free for a bait tank. You have given me something to think about now :).

Netmaker that shed is now someone else's problem

netmaker
11-08-2011, 04:01 PM
just having a dig mate:D:D. greg normans "tinny" wouldn't have enough room for all the shite in my shed!!!!
regards
davo

Cheech
11-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Similar to mine, apart from that triangle shape. Mine is rectangular and goes in more to the centre, so not as much wasted space for me. Anyway, on my 'to do' list is to convert the dead space into a live bait tank. Will not be very deep, but better than nothing. You can extend it so that it also goes underneath the triangular bit. Would also be handy to use in replace of a bait esky. You can also cut some of the bottom of the engine bay and make your bait tank deeper. Maybe even down to floor level, as it looks like you will have the space underneath that triangular section.

FishHunter
11-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Similar to mine, apart from that triangle shape. Mine is rectangular and goes in more to the centre, so not as much wasted space for me. Anyway, on my 'to do' list is to convert the dead space into a live bait tank. Will not be very deep, but better than nothing. You can extend it so that it also goes underneath the triangular bit. Would also be handy to use in replace of a bait esky. You can also cut some of the bottom of the engine bay and make your bait tank deeper. Maybe even down to floor level, as it looks like you will have the space underneath that triangular section.

Yes the idea I have is to cut out a hole to fit the bait tank and make a stand of some kind under the motor motor well for the bait tank to rest on and have around half of it sticking out the top, I want to keep the C of G as low as possible to minimize roll and the water slopping around.