PDA

View Full Version : Polycraft boats & storage issues

aumapo1
09-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Guys,

Would appreciate some feedback on Polycraft boats, in particular the lack of storage along the insides.
Im keen to purchase the 5.3mtr Centre Console version but not sure about the lack of storage space that ive seen in various photos. Maybe it can be solved by just putting all my crap in a box with a lid??

thanks
matt

Noelm
09-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Not the sort of storage you are talking about, but a mate of mine has a poly, and he had it "stored" for a while when he was not using it for a few months, during that time, someone leaned a heavy stand against the side of it, after a few months of heat and cold and not being moved, the side took on a quite interesting curve, when he found it, he went ballistic, but after about 6 months of use, it just sort of slowly went back into shape. Now for your problem, I guess the only option, other than cutting a few holes and fitting some shallow hatches and liners is to just toss everything in a box with a lid!

frankgrimes
09-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Insides as in side pockets?

You can get them as an accessory:

http://www.polycraft.com.au/model-range/530-warrior/centre-console?accessory=149

Ive got a 4.5 CC poly, and agree the storage is lacking...

LittleSkipper
09-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Hi Matt

I can certainly answer this question for you as I am the owner of a Polycraft myself, a 4.8mt Cuddy Cabin to be precise. Yes! the lack of storage along the inside gunwales is a pain in the #@$, fortunate for me I have 2 underfloor storage compartments under the cuddy itself. As well as the standard storage under the seats and some storage under the rear seat/stern area. The rear fold down seat on mine has space to fit a long narrow plastic storage container underneath if required. Hope this helps?

Guys,

Would appreciate some feedback on Polycraft boats, in particular the lack of storage along the insides.
Im keen to purchase the 5.3mtr Centre Console version but not sure about the lack of storage space that ive seen in various photos. Maybe it can be solved by just putting all my crap in a box with a lid??

thanks
matt

nick-o83
09-08-2011, 04:59 PM
I used to have major storage issues in my 4.5 cc, ended up building a rear casting deck and put a fold up lid on it. plenty of space for battery, life jackets and other safety equipment as well as my tackle bag. that coupled with the storage in the centre console itself has afforded plenty of storage space!

Steeler
09-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Post 3 sums it up. go with the option to keep it all original or another rig

aumapo1
10-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Many thanks guys - appreciate the commentary, looking forward to getting Poly now!

aumapo1
10-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Thats awesome thanks Frank!

TheRealAndy
10-08-2011, 07:24 PM
I used to have storage issues, now I just take less shit. Works a treat.

netmaker
11-08-2011, 03:44 PM
i recently lined the inside of my tinny with marine carpet. bought a 25M roll of velcro at the boaties market. now everything sticks to the inside of the boat - knives, pliers, fish grabbers, capacity label, crab measurer, stubby holders, ashtrays - even the dolphin torch with a heavy 6 volt battery stays stuck even in doof doof weather. wish id thought of it years ago. boat is finally tidy on the inside;D;D;D