PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Moreton Saturday 6th

Micadogs
08-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi All

Went out through Sth Passge Bar at 6.30am on Saturday morning. Bar was a bit lumpy, with an Easterly Swell and outgoing tide. The outerbanks were breaking a fair way out and there is a new bank to the south also a fair way out.

Went to spot X on the 33 fathom line. First two drops - a good tusk fish and a good pearl perch.

Then Dick Head 1 and Dick Head 2 joined us. These dickheads were two people each in tinnies. One had a QLD Maroons flag displaying high up. (You will know who you are, if you are reading this!!!!!) I know these people were sheeping me, caused I moved three times, once to a complete random spot, and guess what, they show and start fishing there.

They were casting, what looked liked, 100 gram slugs - similar to what you would would sight cast tuna for. This is for deep bottom fishing.

Get the point dickheads - dont sheep or follow other boats!!!!!!!

Luckily I pulled a couple of fish out of each spot before DH1 and DH 2 turned up - they would drive all over the spot, right over the drift line, in a zig zag motion. Then they would cast 40 metres out each side thereby sharking the spot. They shut down each spot also - Dickheads!!!!!

Anyways, enough of the rant.

I tried out on the 42 fathom lines, Square Patch and amberjack reef. Not much doing out there. Got a massive leatherjacket and then a few bites off at this depth.

So moved to the 35's, lots of fish showing - nothing biting.

Moved back to the 33's - caught more pearl perch, tuskfish and snapper/squire

The 33's proved to be the spots for the day with most fish coming from that depth.

It glassed out at one stage. The shingles, at 1.00pm were shocking to say the least.

The bay was like glass.

Awesome day, awesome weather, good feed of fish - only runied by DH 1 and DH 2

Regards Adam

ozassassin
08-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Good to see you got out for a fish Adam, two bad about the shit heads in the tinnies.

That is the only down side to getting a good day to be out on the water, it draws out the wankers across the bar.