PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Fishing Spot

Aussie Spirit
08-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Have been very busy lately and have reached a stage of "what the hell am I doing this for". So I want to get back into a spot of fishing this weekend coming. So was just after any ideas where I can take the family that is about 1.5hours in any direction from Brisbane that we can set up a BBQ do a spot of fishing any recharge the batteries. I normally go back to the same spots like Fingal, Jacobs Well etc so am looking for a location thats not over populated with jet skis etc. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, sorry to mention needs to be land based, I sold the Formosa CC due to lack of use.

Funchy
08-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Hey Aussie,

1.5 hrs hmmmm. If you head to Caloundra and turn off into Golden Beach on the right and follow it all the way up to Diamond Head. There can be some water craft around in the passage but it is a lovely spot. Has BBQ facilities etc. Military jetty is a good spot for the kids to catch some bream but if there are people already on it just head all the way down to the end. Has nice little sandy shoreline (Kids can even have a dip).Got some swings, picnic tables and stuff there etc. You can pump yabbies at low tide or try the bait shop near Military Jetty Caravan Park.

Anyway just a thought (I am biased cos for me it is home and I miss it!!)

tunaticer
08-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Roy's Landing in the passage might be worth a look at. Being smack in the middle of the Passage it more than likely has minimal weed drifting into there. Weed tends to be pushing fish further upstream in the past month or so. Last time I was there (8 weeks ago) the water quality looked pretty good with decent salt levels. Would be where I would try landbased this month.

mowerman
08-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Straddie ferries are doing there $50.00 sunday special.

If you have a fourby it's even better.

Rod

Hornblower
08-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Gidday Aussie Spirit - My picks would be the following:

Cabbage Tree Point
Jacob's Well
Southport (take your pic along the foreshore)
Maroochydore along the Maroochy River (again - take your pic of the places from Cotton Tree to Bli Bli)
Mooloolaba (along the Harbour entrance)
Caloundra (already mentioned)
Bribie Island (Take your pic ocean or calm side)
Donnybrook
Toorbul
Beachmere
Redcliffe
Scarborough
Deception Bay

Really dude, just google map/earth the coastline and you will probably find spots nobody knows about. Some of the creeks and rivers are gorgeous and quiet.

Good luck getting away from those Personal Water Craft (It seems I attract them wherever I go and usually the ones that like to scream by inside their 30 metres of a moored boat or people int he water and go past at least eleven times at 130km/h within a seven minute period!!!!!! I notice that they are usually middle aged men wearing bright coloured wetsuits way too tight for them - apparently having their midlife crisis in the most public of ways! LOL

However, mate I would suggest just going and exploring without a set destination. That is half the fun! Especially if you are not all that serious about bagging out and only just want to wet a line and relax.

Good luck with it Aussie Spirit.