PDA

View Full Version : offshore moreton 6/8/11

rosco1974
06-08-2011, 01:16 PM
took the missus for a fish this morning headed through the northern channel of the spb just after 7.was nearly low tide and the last of the run out tide there was no shingles to speak off .was a little bit on the bar with the back bank standing up a bit.once out we headed to the bait grounds tried for 15 minutes and raised enough to head out to square patch.was about 1.5mtr swell with the bigger sets around 1.8mtrs.we sat comfortably on 25 knts on the way out there.1st drop with a livie i got smashed as soon as i hit the bottom pulled in a nice kingie 75cm,then it turned to sh#t.the missus hooked up to the dreaded leather jackets she got 2 up then from then on for an hr we couldnt get away from the buggers,we kept 2 to try for a feed as we had never eatin them b4.boy u loose some hooks with these buggers around.went into the 29,s on the way in for 2 squire to 45cm . headin back to the bar was near glassed out the bar was good on the way in but the shingles where as sh#t as they where last sunday.highlight was just b4 we left the 29's we had 2 whales come up bout 10mtrs from the boat which made the missus day.good luck to all going tommorrow as i think u will get a cracker of a day
cheers rosco

MEG-A-BITE
06-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Nice report Rosco Im taking the Mrs and kids out tomorrow, thinking of getting a kig on the jig for the Mrs to have a go.hope to find some fish.

Bobpen
06-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the report.
It is nice if you can hit some good weather. Might try again tomorrow. My hands are still sore from clinging on to the console for 3 hours on Thursday.
I still don't understand why the shingles are so bad when it isn't rough inside or outside the bar.

Almako
06-08-2011, 04:39 PM
good work rosco, i didn't get to the boat ramp till about 8:30am, headed to 29's for only one small squire which went back. Had to be back at the boat ramp by 1pm so didn't get much time. Bloody nice out there today though, the bar had two plus metres on it at out back but no probs.
Rosco the shingles, is that the inner northern channel?

Bobpen
06-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Shingles: I have never seen it marked on a chart but I think it is the North South run from Moreton to Amity across the face of the bar.

outwide1
06-08-2011, 09:22 PM
The shingles is the channel leading up to the bar as you pass the rous channel.The reason it gets ruff is the
amount of water passing over the banks to the east of you as you make your way to the bar.All that water coming over the banks
with the combined swell makes it ruff.Hence when rosco finding it smooth on the bottom of the tide as there is no water coming over the banks.
Hope this helps.
MICK

ozassassin
07-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Good on all that got the chance to get out and find a fish, Thanks for the report rosco.

Eric

Bull
07-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the report Rosco glad you got a few and the whales are always good to see.

Cheers Bull