PDA

View Full Version : Late Goldy Report 25/7

mark johno
06-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Gday All,
Had the old man up from Sydney for few days and as he hasn't caught a snapper for probably 25 years he was chomping at the bit after hearing about my recent trips. In the week leading up the weather was looking crap but as we got closer to the weekend things started to improve. We decided the Monday was looking the best so we loaded up the boat and got to one of my marks in 40 metres east of the seaway, I got the gear out and the old man looked at it and said, where's the Alveys and the big sinkers? I said Dad, things have changed a little in 25 years! so when I got the the little soft plastic outfit and proceeded to rig and feed on the rubber I watch his face turn to a look of disbelief. (It was priceles!)
Anyway first drop on the mark and the plastic gets hammered I'm thinking good knobby as the first run is a cracker, after a minute or so dad is loosing heaps of line so I decided to pull in the parachute and give chase, my thoughts are now on a Cobia, after getting some line back, the pressure suddenly realeased but still had a little weight then I thought maybe the taxmen had arrived. A minute later he pulls up the little snapper in the photo (around 2 kg) without a mark on it. I still can't work out what happend except maybe the bigger fish got caught around the leader and took us for a ride.
A couple of drifts later and the old man is on again, this time It had all the signs of a good snapper and as it hit the surface Dad lead it into the net and boat his PB at aroung 6-7kg.
For me it was a great feeling to help repay him for introducing me to a lifetime of amazing fishing memories which I am now passing onto my kids.
I wonder if those greenies ever take a moment to think about what they are really taking away from our sport, it's days like this that stay with you forever and should not be replaced by politics.
My 8 year son also got to spend this great day with his Granfather and he caught one of the Mac Tuna in the photos.

PS: Also thanks to Scott Mitchel on the tip for the Sqidgy pro 140mm wriggler in Glow, both fish caught on this and no touches on my 7" Nuke Chook.

Mark.

wayno60
06-08-2011, 02:45 AM
sounds like a top day and its good to do that for the ol man...cheers

thelump
06-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Well done mate nice pair of Snapps there.

outwide1
06-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Nice fish there Mark,mate i here what your saying and would like to believe i can take my kids fishing one day without all
the b#llshit.They dont understand stories like this as they havent grown up doing it mate,to busy sipping lattes and making decisions
without thought.
Mick