PDA

View Full Version : Windy zero at 29s Thursday

Bobpen
05-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Plan was to run from Raby Bay through South Passage to Deep Tempest. Shingles were nasty but northern channel was good. Despite a great Seabreeze prediction, as soon as we crossed the bar we hit 15-20 knot ESE winds. Hoping this was just a squall we struggled on through the chop but bailed out at the 29s as things weren't getting any better. Jigged and bottom bashed by motoring into the wind. Tried a few old marks I have but gave it away after a few hours as it was too much like hard work!
I should have looked at the current weather plot at Cape Moreton before I crossed the bar as the bay was flat all day!
Checked wind at Cape Moreton again today and it is 20 knots again.

Oh well life is a learning experience BobPen

OPTI
05-08-2011, 06:43 PM
it seems hard to judge the forecasts lately ,i found out last sunday ,sea breeze had it at 10 knts at the gold coast, bom had it at 15 to 20 at cape moreton,in close up to the 36.s it was flat, out at th50.s ne of jumping pin it was 15knt and white capping.looking at this weekends forecast with15 to 20 knt at cape moreton im staying home,should be ok in close ,but i carnt find any fish in close.