PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Rainbow on "Keely Rose"

dayoo
04-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Had an enjoyable trip out on "Keely Rose" yesterday with fellow ausfish member Popgun19 and his mate Steve along with Nuggets offsider Gary Fraser and a couple of his mates. The deckie was my fishing buddy Frank.

The weather was blowing its Arse off so we stayed in close and targeted Pearlies.
By 11am we had bagged out the boat on Pearlies to 2.5kg (no big buggers this time) and a good assortment of Moses Perch, Mouri Cod, Grassy Sweetlip and Jew.

The skipper Ed Falconer and Frank were having a ball catching fish on soft plastics attached to their little carbon fibre 2 to 6kg red rocket rods. Popgun and I joined in the fun catching fish on soft plastics and christening my glow in the dark jig heads.

Didn't take any pics of the overall catch but snapped a couple on the boat during the action.

Cheers
Barry

honda900
04-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Barry,

Sounds like you did alright, Did you have a try at pink jigh heads V white jig heads?

So what came out best?

Regards
HOnda.

gunna
04-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Thats a good effort. Just wondering - is it usual for the skipper to fish on a charter ??

dayoo
04-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Thats a good effort. Just wondering - is it usual for the skipper to fish on a charter ??

No but we are all mates and we asked the skipper and deckie to join in. Most fish caught by the crew were donated to the paying customers.

Honda,

White glow jig heads are best in deep water. Pink fishes best in shallow water up to 40 metres.
We used both colours and both caught fish.

Cheers
Barry

kitty_cat
04-08-2011, 07:30 PM
pearlies definatly seem to be thick in close up there at the momement , well done good to here the skipper gets a go every now and then.

seawind8
04-08-2011, 07:49 PM
I went out with them in June and had a great time, couldn't ask for a better day out. Both Skiper and Deckie were great. i am ready to go again.
Cheers
Lester