PDA

View Full Version : Wags does the Pin

Timfishin4fun
02-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Hi all just a quick report at this stage, I am getting in first because of the bagging I copped last time on my hooking abilities.

I took Wags out thru the pin at first light this morning got some big yakka's at yakka central.

Of to the cathederals and found some great shows but could not get them to bite. Except 1 pan size snap for me.

Found some more ground out a little further with the same story.

So decided to take Wags to my kingy haunt, it went to plan with me saying to him drop it like this, here is the ledge wait for livie to do this (Rod tip going nuts as livie is shitttin it's pants) and rod loads up and I tell him to hookin like this.

Kingy boated.

Wags hooked up but fish not boated.

Next drift I go down with a jig and bang hooked up again, kingy boated.

Wags does managed to boat fish.

I then get reefed by king on jig too good for the gear I was using, I spent the next 2 hours trying to get Wags another king and every time he hooks up it ends up dropping the hooks.

He did manage a beaut bonito on jig but felt the labours of jigging to much.

Good run back in to the pin bar which was last of the run out and Wags navigated the bar very well in the pressure waves.

Great day out again mate.

White Rhino was out and we caught up with them for a while till marty got the itch to burn some more fuel. Nice to meet you guys and really hope to catch up again.

Ok fire has been lite but atleast I got in first. LOL

Timbo

rosco1974
02-08-2011, 06:12 PM
sounds like a great trip out mate,u sure know where the kingies are.did u get them on the mark u gave me to try.going to give it a go next trip down that way.good to see wags finally got a fish.by the bagging he cops on here it sounds like he doesn't get to many.lol
cheers rosco

jtpython
02-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah good to see Wags your keeping up with your no catch fish streak ......................... Poor old mate . Your are to fish as Banana's are to fishing
JT

TREVELLY
02-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Well with all this burley around you should get a bite soon ;D

Captain Seaweed
02-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Nice report Tim!!! We managed a good Snap and Pearly today, 4 bust offs at the Cathedrals on 50lbs braid and some new marks found, slow day. By the way I have a mark in around 80m you may like. We tried to raise a Dollie at the FAD but to no avail. Thanks for the mark for the livies!!!! I had a great time and look forward to another trip, we had to head at 2 otherwise we would have followed to your Kingy mark. Great to meet you, for the record 160km's/ 130L fuel!!!! Well thats pretty good for me.
We headed home hugging straddy in 3m of water just on the breakers, came home through the Pin bar.
Cheers
Marty

indy
02-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Well wags one is better than none, you will crack two soon lol

wags on the water
02-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks Tim for another great day on the water. As I've said before...sledging is an art....;D;D The 'Pin bar wasn't too bad, but I dare say it could get real bad real quick - just like any bar. The shows on the livie ground were similar to the bait grounds 35km NE of Burnett Heads. Wall to wall yakkas...:o:o:o -->This huge greyish boat pulled up beside us and just couldn't boat any yakkas. You'd think with all those sounders the skipper should've found the fish. ;);):P It's ok Marty we understand. The livie transfer was a sight to be seen.....mate you need another bucket..:-X

Thanks must also go to BC for a starter mark NE of the pin bar. Some great shows yet no hungry fish there today. After some time we headed wider to the 70m mark and on the way we came across a few pinnacles and deployed the yakkas (live and fresh deadies), squid, mullet fillets, pillies and plastics only to find more uninterested fish... Time to head to the secret squirrel kingy mark and this time Tim was on the money. First drift double hookup on the livies. Tim boats a nice kingy and mine was busted off. The fish was boated after some time due to a faulty gaff..;D;D (insert new gaff man as well for next trip).... and you know the rest....fellow fisho boating the next fish and telling me how good he is...

We headed back in through the Pin bar and then a quick trip back to the ramp. The low low tide had also caught a few boaties out - trimaran, houseboat and a quite large yacht stuck fast on the bottom.

For the record I did catch more than 1 fish....Yakkas are fish too.....:P:P

Cheers,

Wags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H_bY3_lcKQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPAv-1hc9kk

PinHead
03-08-2011, 04:48 AM
don't listen to them wags..it is okay to let your environmental side come through and that you do not want to harm the fish.

Timfishin4fun
03-08-2011, 06:56 AM
don't listen to them wags..it is okay to let your environmental side come through and that you do not want to harm the fish.

I do more than harm them with the head knocker!

Great vids Wags. And that part about the kingy being a Haines lover, priceless.

Did the one coming in thru the bar go ok?

Timbo

jtpython
03-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Yakka's and Bonito are BAIT not Fish Bait ....................
:P
GReat Vid's mate Ya still Useless in my eye's thou :)
Think you need some gaffing practice too. :o

wags on the water
03-08-2011, 10:22 AM
JT - when was the last time I needed to use a gaff ??? ::)::)::)
Clearly I need more practice fishing and less time away from home and the boat working. ;)

Timfishin4fun
03-08-2011, 11:25 AM
In Wgas defence, his gaff is sharp as a ladys lipstick.

I hit my king and it just bounced off the fish, my gaff will be going next trip.

Timbo

tropicrows
03-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Clearly I need more practice fishing and less time away from home and the boat working. ;)

Now that's an understatement. Don’t worry wags mate one day you will bag out, one day....
Good report guys, looks like it was a top day on the water.

wags on the water
03-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Not worried about bagging out Bruce, just like to put a few in the box and have a few laughs during the day.

ozassassin
03-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Great effort there guys, good video footage.

Eric

jtpython
03-08-2011, 03:37 PM
The only bagging out Wags will get is the one i give him everyday .

wags on the water
03-08-2011, 05:23 PM
A couple more videos and pics to go.

In my gaff's defence - I did reach for the net first but was told it wasn't required...:-X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oax7C9Fykdc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy7p9TwmS4g

wags on the water
04-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Last one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ylRHGO8bc

Cheers.

PinHead
04-08-2011, 05:23 AM
I think I can solve your problem wags..the last video was the clue. You wear the gimbal belt the wrong way around. No wonder you cannot catch fish when you turn your back to them to put the rod in the gimbal..it really is easier to have the gimbal at the front. Try it..it may make a difference.

Bull
04-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the report guys.
Luved the video and pics but most of all luved the bagging. Doesnt look like anyone is safe from a good sledge.
Cheers Bull

outwide1
04-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Im abit confused,who owns the boat?
If you dont mind me asking what model cruisecraft is it?
Cheers Mick

wags on the water
04-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Mick - we stole it......... but confused?? Pm sent Mick.

wags on the water
04-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Owner - me
Model - 2006 625 Outsider, 200 Opti

Passenger - Timfishin4fun (Timbo)
His Boat - just a Haines Hunter, 140 Tohatsu.......:-X:-X;);):P

Timfishin4fun
04-08-2011, 03:49 PM
But I do play a good deckie though, you may notice me putting livies on wags rod trying to help him out.

And yes I own a boat and it's only a haines.

Greg you might be on to something with that gimbal. LOL.

No one is safe out there but always looking forward to the next trip.

Timbo

outwide1
04-08-2011, 10:04 PM
PM sent Wags.