PDA

View Full Version : had a shocker off moreton

rosco1974
31-07-2011, 06:15 PM
at the start of the day my oldman my son and myself had high expectations as the last few trips to the 29's had produced a feed atleast.we left manly around 1/4 to 6 and headed across a slight chop in the bay.when we turned at the last beacon of the rous and headed to the northern channel i said to the oldman the shingles are going to be ordinary.we it was a very ordinary run over the shingles to say the least but can tell u i was glad to be in the cat handled like a dream doing 25knts,if i still had the makocraft would of put my back out in the crap.the northern channel itself was pretty flat.we headed straight to the 29's in 15knt wind and very ordinary conditions around 1.5mtrs of swell and crappy wind chop on top.on the 1st drop the oldman hooked up to a nice wrasse going 38cm .next drift i got a moses around the same size then we got nothing more for the box a few little squire where caught but where returned to grow bigger.1 highlight for the trip was a the youngfella got a little squire on 1 of dayoo's hotlip jigs was the 1st time i have really tried them.headed in around 11 stopped off in the rous for an hr and picked up a feed of tings for the oldman ...bay was nearly glassed out on the way home..hope the rest of the ausfisho's who went out did better than me

cheers rosco

burleygu
31-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Rosco! Myself and captainseaweed aswell as luke and sam headed out to the northern barwon banks and the hards today from mooloolaba. and was very ordinary condtions glad i was in martys big noble! fishing was very quite with only half dozen keepers and a couple of bust offs. was a very long run in the ordinary conditions thought we would put in the hard yards get out there and get some fish. but they must not of got the memo.

rosco1974
31-07-2011, 06:29 PM
yeah mate most of the chat on the radio said the same.bugger all fish

Bull
31-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the report Rosco. I didnt end up going out today. Kind of glad I didnt now after reading your report. Well at least the new cat got another run.

Cheers Bull

rosco1974
31-07-2011, 06:51 PM
yeah bull you didn't miss much.anytime fishing is a good time

CoastRunner460
31-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi, thanks for the report, I had a similar sesion at the 29's last week. I am thinking about heading out wide on Wednesday (all things going well). Did you hear any reports on the radio about out wide?

Captain Seaweed
31-07-2011, 07:10 PM
very quiet indeed, did some k's as Tim said. I was going to call you up on the radio Rosco , what channel do you normally monitor? Call sign? Tuesday is on the cards....hint hint

Cheers
Marty

TimD
31-07-2011, 07:16 PM
G'day Rosco seen your cat tied up at manly on Saturday, looks like a great rig. Good to hear you scored a few today.timddo and i went out on Nitro charters and out of 12 anglers there were about 5 keepers at the end of the day. We saw madmackeral out there pulling some decent kingies on jigs, only knew it was him cos palermo got that close to his boat i could see the breadcrumbs in his moe.Ran into Kdog and Donnyboy at manly this morning too, not sure how they went.

When are you up for a plastic session mate, ill see if i can teach you a few tricks :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

rosco1974
31-07-2011, 07:34 PM
marty
i normally just monitor 21 call sign rosco,sorry mate cannot make it tuesday
tim
not a real good trip there tim for a charter, up for a placcie trip for sure mate if u can handle the ride of a cat
coast runner ,
i heard a bloke saying he had nearly bagged pearlies and a few squire i think he was up tempest way.could of been full of sh#t as well
cheers rosco

Kdog
31-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Hay Rosco,

Mate, looks like we both had a shocker today for a change. Donny-boy and myself left Manly about 4.45 I think after a quick gday to Tim,we went straight up to the bottom end of Temptest and got bugger all!!Tell you what though, the weather was nowhere what they predicted.Anyhow mate,that's it for me,tried to call you a couple times on 21 but maybe I wasn`t getting through??
Catch you latter.
Kerrod

rosco1974
31-07-2011, 08:04 PM
yeah mate i had it on 21.maybe u tried when i was moving for another drift.did u get any keepers mate.would of been a hard slog to tempest in those conditions

fisho8
31-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Heard you on the radio today Ross I think I was of channel 21 for most of the day I was thinking of heading out but when I saw what it was like in the bay we headed over to Mud We were getting hit by 1.2-1.5m waves just getting across there which would have been no different to what has been said outside swell wise most of the chatter out wide was that it was quiet. Good to see you got some fish anyway I got sweet FA. Was good to be out on the water but anyway.

Horse
01-08-2011, 07:50 AM
I agree it was pretty ordinary out there Rosco. We stayed in a little closer on the Coffee Rock along Moreton but could not even lose a single livey in a few hours fishing. We picked up a few bigger Mac Tuna on slugs so at least got to bend a rod or two

robtarr
01-08-2011, 10:24 AM
G'day Rosco seen your cat tied up at manly on Saturday, looks like a great rig. Good to hear you scored a few today.timddo and i went out on Nitro charters and out of 12 anglers there were about 5 keepers at the end of the day. We saw madmackeral out there pulling some decent kingies on jigs, only knew it was him cos palermo got that close to his boat i could see the breadcrumbs in his moe.Ran into Kdog and Donnyboy at manly this morning too, not sure how they went.

When are you up for a plastic session mate, ill see if i can teach you a few tricks :thumbsup:

hi Tim - I was the other boat in that drift line in the Outsider 625 missing the bimini cover and clears - having the zips replaced. We got out early and picked up a tankfull of livies and had no trouble getting our 6 AJ's plus a couple of good kings. Lost a few better fish...bugga. Sea was rubbish and had enough around 12. Tried a few shallower marks for some reefies but no pearlies or snapper.

Did you notice the last green channel marker before you start the shingles was out - we nearly hit it.

cheers Rob

thelump
01-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Heard a few of you talking on the radio. KDog I heard very early just as we were about to cross the Amity end. Went south for 6 squire and 2 pearlies. It was crap out there alright. At least we got a feed. My motor died for a while which sent us drifting but found a couple of good pinnacles with fish on and pulled the best 2 fish of the day off them. Thankyou Mr Johnson!!

tropicrows
01-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I headed out late 10 ish and I'm glad I stayed in the bay, going by all the news above. I fished around Green but it was very quite so headed towards Harries (to many boats to fish here) and the rous, but only got snott weed. Had a good day out on the water with the misses and only used 23 litres of fuel, but no fish to speak of.

honda900
01-08-2011, 02:39 PM
looks to have been pretty bad everywere;

We decided the weather was looking like hard work, to head out through SPB, so we headed out of the seaway, weather early was ok, not that flash but fishable, wind was a good 8knts (and stayed that way till 10:00am), we hit the 36's at 6:30, for 4 undersize squire, over 3 hours, were fish shows but not biting, decided to move, found a patch of bait and had a bash. we picked up 10 flatties around the 40cm mark and a couple of tailor. That was it for the day..

Regards
HOnda

AmrK87
01-08-2011, 02:58 PM
i was following you guys out in the 6.7m southwind cc, was crap stuff i stopped 2 miles after gneerings.

TimD
01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
hi Tim - I was the other boat in that drift line in the Outsider 625 missing the bimini cover and clears - having the zips replaced. We got out early and picked up a tankfull of livies and had no trouble getting our 6 AJ's plus a couple of good kings. Lost a few better fish...bugga. Sea was rubbish and had enough around 12. Tried a few shallower marks for some reefies but no pearlies or snapper.

Did you notice the last green channel marker before you start the shingles was out - we nearly hit it.

cheers Rob

G'day Rob, yeah i think someone on your boat was ripping in a fish when we approached you and madmackerel. Pitty palermo didnt have any livies or knife jigs on board :(

Man there was some cruisecraft's heading out yesterday, i think i counted about 15 flying past us heading towards south passage

rosco1974
01-08-2011, 06:44 PM
think i will just write that trip off as a learning curve.but gee i keen to have another crack at the reefies lol
cheers rosco

burleygu
01-08-2011, 07:25 PM
i was following you guys out in the 6.7m southwind cc, was crap stuff i stopped 2 miles after gneerings.

ah yes. i beleive you mean captain seaweed and myself? from memory we passed you in the harbour and headed out. how did you go in your southwind? would love to know how those things handle the seas. have heard alot of good and bad things? we bashed the 65klms all the way out to the other side of the banks. only seen 2 other boats out that way for the day and 1 was a 26+ft cat and the other a 8m platey. Martys boat absolutely ate up the weather however was very ordinary. made for an interesting shower when i got home reckon i nearly fell through the glass i was swaying that much lol!

Stu Dows
01-08-2011, 07:54 PM
If any ones interested I went just past and murphy's Zero keepers but it looked fantastic after I left Mooloolaba for few k's and wen't down hill the further I went. (Had planned to try a few spots but my GPS went swimming)

TREVELLY
01-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Well that was lucky by the sounds of things as I had a couple of guys pull out mid week otherwise was all go for the Banks or further north - shame for you guys though.

rosco1974
02-08-2011, 08:59 PM
yeah trevally was lucky for u.but if you dont give it a go u dont know i guess.hope the weather is all good for this weekend