PDA

View Full Version : Super vee prices

littlemac
30-07-2011, 11:43 PM
what does everybody think of the price drop of the noble's super vee from cunningsham marine. is this a cry for desparation or just bloody good pricing

cheers

brett

FisHard
31-07-2011, 08:40 AM
I checked out the Nobles at the Tinnie and Tackle show 2 years ago (just after they shifted production o/s I think) and the quality and finish was ordinary (!) at best. I would hope this has been rectified since? If not, I think the discounted prices would still be too much. Happily corrected by anyone who's cast a critical eye over them lately :)

Jarrah Jack
31-07-2011, 10:54 AM
A few members on here have brought them and are very happy with em from reports. Because they are made in China and the chinese currancy is fixed to the US dollar the drop in price may reflect the strong Aussie dollar. It should.

bigjimg
31-07-2011, 11:00 AM
I would reckon a reflection of the not so great economic climate.I had a sticky at them early last year while up that way and thought for the money the finish was not so great.Just little things like sloppy finish of welds,carpet poorly fitted,paint looked thin and some was going chalky,and i never even got in and had a good look around.This is not a Noble bash just an observation.Jim

PB
02-08-2011, 02:56 PM
I would have thought there labor cost would be now less than half of what it was when they were built in AUS, also if they are using Chinese materials this will be also cheaper, the new pricing should reflect these changes.

fisho8
02-08-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't mind the look of them they had a few issues with the paint peeling off the side on the earlier ones but fixed it on the later models seem to be a good boat for the money now I really thought they were over priced for a boat made in china bu they seem to be a bit more realistic now I still reckon you could get one cheaper if you haggled with them. I don't mind the 585 centre cab.

TREVELLY
02-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Just over a year ago this mob advertised heavily (full page adds in mags etc) a $10 000 saving on these boats at the tinnie and tackle show - what they did not mention was that they had two weeks prior jacked up the price by $5 000 - this was enough for me to buy mine from another place at $14 000 less than I could have got it from them.

I will never buy anything from them after that stunt.

Am I happy with the boat - yes it has surpassed my expectations - I have done 150 hours in mine.

The finish and welds are good, the paint has two blisters in the cabin (not big) which I will inject some super-glue under sometime.

Yes, I heard some of the first one's imported were not so good.

Mine is a 6.25 centre cab with a 175hp Suzuki on an aluminium Dunbier trailer.

fisho8
02-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah Trev the 6.25 is a nice rig also they are a very smart looking boat and as for cunninghams they would not have done themselves too many favours doing something like that really. They have far too many boats sitting around down there atm and need to move them by the looks.

Captain Seaweed
02-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Who has been for a ride in a Noble?

Skusto
02-08-2011, 08:31 PM

not me .................

fisho8
02-08-2011, 08:41 PM

Me neither I really do like the look of them but they were bit out of my price range but I spent a fair bit of time at Cunninghams looking at all the models what they had and so on I did really like the 585 centre cab but my budget was in the low to mid 50's and they could not quite get there with that sort of budget hence the reason I bought what I have got now I didn't phase me where they were made I think they are a great fishing rig.

DAZMC1
02-08-2011, 08:55 PM
I have been in a mates 6.25 in a 25kt se and I can say that it is the best ally boat that I have ridden in. Not as soft in the chop as my Edencraft but very comfortable . He installed trim tabs which made a lot of difference.

Tangles
02-08-2011, 09:35 PM

Exactly Marty,

fairpractice
03-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Good move trevelly, once bitten twice shy would be a good motto for that mob. Give me a clue, as to where to find another dealer with this product.
cheers john

bigjimg
03-08-2011, 04:45 PM

Closest I've come was a Sportfish.Good boat.Jim

littlemac
03-08-2011, 06:41 PM

no but i certainly want to. i like the look of the 685

robothefisho
03-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Both the old shape hull and the new shape, both rode nose high and bang, both were wet. If you wanted them to ride well you need to trim right in and have tabs. Then they were extra wet. IMHO they arn't anything special except hype.

TREVELLY
04-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Each to their own Robo - but I recon it is a very dry boat and rides very well and to be honest even the most critical boat reviewer I have read has never criticised the ride or dryness of the boat and I have read plenty over the years leading up to the purchase from all the ozzie mags - they have criticised the finish but never the ride. I travel everywhere sitting down and not slowly and have been out to the shelf in conditions 25knots plus and never felt at risk.

Yes they do need trim tabs to be comfortable at best - with the deep V if they sit to one side they are not a soft ride but kept plumb they are dry and good to travel sitting in any sea that I am game to go out in.

John, you ask where they might be cheaper - I found the advertising in boatsales dot com dot au and boatpoint dot com dot au showed where the best prices were. I went to Lucinda to get mine but also found them comparable in price in melbourne - depends where you want to go. I figured fishing my way south from near Cairns for a week was a pretty good option so went that way.

robothefisho
04-08-2011, 08:55 AM
What I wrote does sounds pretty harsh, I should say they're not anywhere near the worst either. Just not the be all and end all plate boat. I wouldn't ever feel unsafe in one, they never did anything silly. But please never listen to what magazine reviewers write in making a boat purchase decision. I don't think they have ever said a boat rode poorly, even when they reviewed the worst riding boat I've ever had the misfortune of driving.

dodgyone
04-08-2011, 12:29 PM
What I wrote does sounds pretty harsh, I should say they're not anywhere near the worst either. Just not the be all and end all plate boat. I wouldn't ever feel unsafe in one, they never did anything silly. But please never listen to what magazine reviewers write in making a boat purchase decision. I don't think they have ever said a boat rode poorly, even when they reviewed the worst riding boat I've ever had the misfortune of driving.

Trailcraft 660 in guessing?

robothefisho
04-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Lol if only, boats get far far far far worse then that. It was 5.2m long and tin. I'l leave it at that.

Grand_Marlin
05-08-2011, 08:53 PM

Yeah, a few of them and I rate them very highly. You will have to go a long way to get a better ride than a Noble.
* They like the horsepower to be at the top of the rated range.
* They like weight at the back.
* Learn how to drive them and get the double reverse chine to do it's work, then they are quite amazing - especially when running at awkward angles in a sea.

Cheers

Pete

Grand_Marlin
05-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Good move trevelly, once bitten twice shy would be a good motto for that mob. Give me a clue, as to where to find another dealer with this product.
cheers john

After the fitout we did on Marty's 7.5 Noble (White Rhino) for Australia's Greatest Boat Competition, Noble Boats have asked us (Valet Boat Services) to be the "Special Vessels" Dealer for their full range of boats.

This means we can get the hull built to any stage, then custom finish and fit it in Australia.
We can get them unpainted and paint them over here.
That way you can see the build quality of the hull first, then choose any colour scheme you like and you will get a top class finish.
Then we can design an electrical fit out package to suit ... right up to the level of the White Rhino if needed!
http://ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?167188-Fitting-Out-Captain-Seaweeds-7.5-Noble-Super-Vee&highlight=captain+seaweed+noble

Cheers

Pete

The_Tub
06-08-2011, 01:54 AM
i have not yet!!,i have been a sport fish cuddy 5.5 with a 90 yamie off brunswick heads and it handled a following sea and a run out tide on the bar on worries,a year ago at the boat show at sancuary cove i looked at the 6.4 centre cab with 150 honda demo boat,beautiful looking rig,wonder if same quality as the old sportfish

TREVELLY
06-08-2011, 10:02 AM
The hull design is sound and proven.

BUT as Pete says the final fit-out can make or break your impressions of the boat.

And yes definitely do not under power the boat and turn it into a dog it hoots with a good push and can handle it.

Broomey
11-08-2011, 08:04 PM
After the fitout we did on Marty's 7.5 Noble (White Rhino) for Australia's Greatest Boat Competition, Noble Boats have asked us (Valet Boat Services) to be the "Special Vessels" Dealer for their full range of boats.

This means we can get the hull built to any stage, then custom finish and fit it in Australia.
We can get them unpainted and paint them over here.
That way you can see the build quality of the hull first, then choose any colour scheme you like and you will get a top class finish.
Then we can design an electrical fit out package to suit ... right up to the level of the White Rhino if needed!
http://ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?167188-Fitting-Out-Captain-Seaweeds-7.5-Noble-Super-Vee&highlight=captain+seaweed+noble

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete,

Congratulations on being asked to be the "Speacial Vessels Dealer" hope you accept, and yes I have and do own a 7.5 Noble , in Broome WA ,great riding boat top as comented by a few, must also mention great customer service during build, and those that have driven REEL OBSESSION have raved about what a smooth riding boat she is, great build but unfortuateley the finish, eg paint ect is a bit to be desiered, hopefully this may be approved under warranty but to be sorted out , think it may be a fair bit of repainting!!No problem with the boat itself , but if came across unpainted would have been better, at least then holes can be cut for electrics prior to painting which would be great, paint could be of the quality that you would expect, and colour that you expected, carpet of a better quality and laid to a better standard. Have done 200 hrs since Dec 2010 so have spent a bit time on " Reel Obsession" to make afew a few comments, for those of you contemplating buying a Noble, I highly recomend them, great riding boat but if you can get them finished in Oz eg. "Paint" go for it!!!!

Broomey

Broomey
11-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Must mention, got bare painted hull delvered PERTH and complete fit out was done by "Red Dirt Marine" in Broome , great job done by all invovled, even had owner of Red Dirt drive Reel Osession for 6 days during the Broome Billfish Classic, and was impressed by how the boat handled and rode , in inclamate weather with a Team of 4 , including a member of Mooloolaba FC, who had a great time, and is comming back next year.

Broomey

Nicko_Cairns
17-08-2011, 07:49 PM
I have been in a mates 6.25 in a 25kt se and I can say that it is the best ally boat that I have ridden in. Not as soft in the chop as my Edencraft but very comfortable . He installed trim tabs which made a lot of difference.

ditto, nicest ally boat I've ever been in..