PDA

View Full Version : Windy flick at the cape

tenzing
30-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Commitments tomorrow meant today was the day. Seabreeze didnt look too flash but we thought we would go for a sticky beak north of the cape anyway.
It felt like every bit of the 20 to 25 knot that it was reported to be and there was a fair swell. The upside was that it was like a weekday ( only quieter)

Despite all this we plugged away from dawn and picked up a few nice fish on the placcies. I am a recovering baitaholic and it has been a few trips since my last bait.

We found some new ground and got a modest feed together of pearlie ,squapper and spanglies. All fish fell to "plastics" - Gulps didnt get a touch!

Managed to keep my brekkie down for a few hours but a slice of pizza was my undoing.
Still a great day out and the lack of traffic made for long (if lumpy) drifts. Managed to blood my new loomis placcie outfit - very happy.
Pic shows an obviously ecstatic Timmie with one of the better fish.(dont let the lack of caps in the background fool you, it was howling!)
Cheers
Brendan.

rosco1974
30-07-2011, 05:47 PM
well done mate,sounds like a good feed in ordinary conditions,hope tommorrow settles down for a trip offshore
cheers rosco

Tim Hutchison
30-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Cheers thanks for the trip I must say Brendan is the only person I have seen throwing up and flicking the plastic at the same time no need to stop fishing
Cheers Tim

tenzing
30-07-2011, 07:56 PM
A little footage from the phone(best in full screen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM2ebyVcoqY

Scalem
02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
I might have come home with a feed too, don't know how many times I changed my mind but in the end tried to grab a snapper or two in the bay. I WAS going out through south passage, but changed my mind to the seaway on thursday. Then Friday I took another look at predictions, electing for the cape. Late Friday conditions looked worse. Torture isn't it? Well done on your efforts, I don't know how many times Tim D and I said "this wind would surely make things ugly offshore" you confirmed it. NIce fish though.

Scalem

tenzing
03-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I might have come home with a feed too, don't know how many times I changed my mind but in the end tried to grab a snapper or two in the bay. I WAS going out through south passage, but changed my mind to the seaway on thursday. Then Friday I took another look at predictions, electing for the cape. Late Friday conditions looked worse. Torture isn't it? Well done on your efforts, I don't know how many times Tim D and I said "this wind would surely make things ugly offshore" you confirmed it. NIce fish though.

Scalem

Cheers Mate,
Was certainly Bumpy but sounds like we still did better than most over the weekend
Brendan