PDA

View Full Version : New Dam Boat

sharkymark2
27-07-2011, 10:00 AM
I have just bought a new 54lb watersnake to go on the back of a boat for the dams and to use on my 4.4m tinny around the bay. I have finally come down to maybe looking at a Tinoo or a slightly wider and shorter Jon Boat about 850 compared to 1100mm. I am beginning to think the Jon Boat at 450mm tall against 350 tall on the Tinoo might be the way to go, Dams aren't always calm. I am looking at a 3.75 Tinoo or a 3m Jon Boat. My wife and I weigh about 180 kilo; most on my end:-?. So have been a bit concerned about the amount of free board. Am also wondering how stable the Tinoo would be as compared to a Jon Boat. I have noticed in the Jon Boats that the front seat is further back and how that would affect your fishing room? What size and type of battery would you recommend as well? Any suggestions where to get the best deal for boat and battery and maybe a battery box? I already have a smart charger .
Appreciate any comments. I want to do something soon as the windy weather on the coast is beginning to get me down. I hopefully am looking at camping and fishing initially at Logans Camp at wivenhoe.
Thanks fellow fishers...