PDA

View Full Version : Engine Alarm going off

Danstu
27-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Hi All

Just chasing some advice. Went for a fish yesterday at mud Island and motor went well on trip over till we went to do our first move after fishing for an hour or so. When I started the motor the alarm went off behind the dash board. Not a constant beep, but an intermittent beep. Im pretty sure an intermittent beep is an oil alarm. Checked the oil resevoir at back of boat and top one under motor and both are full. The funny thing was once the revs were increased the noise went away. Anyone know what it might be. Motor is a 175 Rfi Efi Merc 1997 model. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Flex
27-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Oil sensor is a fairly common thing to go. Are you using oil from your resovior? if so you can bridge the sensor to check if thats the problem.
Thats assuming it is oil related.

hakuna
27-07-2011, 07:28 AM
oil sensor, happened on mine every 12 months, get them to show you how to bypass it when they replace it as it does not affect the motor and will work normal when bypassed. Saves that slow trip home next time.
Mine was $60 to replace each time. A merc fault they have not been able to fix, I changed to Zukes.

cheers

Dodgy_Back
27-07-2011, 08:00 AM
I have a 150 opti ,about every 12 months my over heat alarms starts to go off, I get the water pump kit and service and it's gone.
Maybe yours is also the temprature alarm

MTAQ/BTAQ
27-07-2011, 09:34 AM
My Suzuki 4 stroke sends an oil alarm when a service is overdue.