PDA

View Full Version : Starting Procedure 15 hp Mariner/Mercury

Raesen
26-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi

Bought a second hand (2.5 yrs old Mercury/Mariner) and was wondering if someone can confirm my starting procedure - pull start.

It is a "primer" set up rather than a "choke" set up.

I believe :- Pull out and push back three times (fuel injection to carby) then start with primer/knob in the closed position.

Yes / No.........

Hope this makes sense and if you have one or know about them I am sure you will underatand what "info" I am after.

Cheers and thanks for any replys.
Cheers Pete

Salad Fingers
26-07-2011, 10:11 PM
i just pull mine out once and then start it with it backin. but it is probably hotter up here than where you are.
works well for me though.

mickjbuist
27-07-2011, 06:12 AM
im same as you salad fingers, doesnt she start with ease.

Raesen
27-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Thanks gents for the feedback.

Much appreciated

mal555
27-07-2011, 09:01 AM
If the motor is really cold, hasn't been running for weeks, I give it a good three to four pumps, then close it off and wind up a bit of fast idle. Always starts within the first two pulls.
Remember when priming, to elevate the 'engine end' of the primer bulb 45 deg. or more to get maximum suction and fuel flow through the line.

Raesen
28-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Thanks Sth boater for the tip and yes has not started for a while so will give it a go as you explained.

Sounds pretty easy - just change procedure for primer start depending on frequency of use etc as is the norm with any machine.

Cheers and thanks again to all replies.