PDA

View Full Version : High quality Tinny fit out (bass Boat)

fishinwahbee
25-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi all,
just wondering after fitting out my boat at least 3 times now i have decided that i think that getting the professionals to do it would be a better bet. Im thinking of the same type of fitout as a quintrex hornet or rather which has the full deal, hatches and rapped carpet. Who Would i be able to pay to fit out my 3.7 stacer. The only person/company i can think of is quintrex. not looking to pay a great deal of money and would like the fitout to be as lightweight as possible. Not in a hurry, more for just an idea of what im thinking of. Any help would be highly appreciated. Im based on the sunshine coast.

Fishinwahbee

Never to young to be a pro 14yo!

robothefisho
25-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Materials alone would cost 400-500 dollars.... if you add labour onto that you'll be looking at one hefty bill. Probably better off having a look at how its been done in other boats and taking plenty of time thinking how to do it and doing it yourself.

matt fraser
25-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Pleny of Ally welders around, just look in the yellow pages. I doubt Quintrex would take on a rebuild.

I can recommend Holt Marine, Everton Hills (Northside Brisbane). Get them to do the ally work, and finish of the ply, carpeting, painting yourself. Or they could do it for you, but it will add up.

Cheers,

Matt

Jarrah Jack
26-07-2011, 09:09 AM
As Matt said it doesn't all have to be in alloy. All you need welded is a structural frame then the rest an be ply. Using ply is good because you can cut into it later or screw things in without having to worry about corrosion or rivets. The thing is to think long and hard about the easiest way to go about it.

TheSaint
26-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Mate you only need a ally welder to do the frame up in the boat & you could cut & carpet the floor youself.. going to cost you at least $1000..

Here's the bass electric boat i build if you need any ideas..

http://ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?123420-Bass-Electrics-here-i-come..

fishinwahbee
26-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Definately looking into purchesing an ally welder, thanks for the great advice everyone. Your Boat looks sic 'the saint' very well done.

Fishinwahbee

fishinwahbee
27-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Just wondering what was the thickest of the ply that you used or would recommend. Also which type of aluminium was used, as in size, whether it was box or .... ahh, saint you wouldnt have any planes by any chance.??

Thanks fishinwahbee

TheSaint
28-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I used Celuka Foam PVC Board as the floor not marine ply as it's long lasting compared to ply & lighter as well. I used 12mm but should of gone 15mm, I didn't have any plans cause i just used american bass boats layouts for ideas & told the welder how i want it.

fishinwahbee
28-07-2011, 04:01 PM
The american bass boats are awesome, I have been looking at them for ideas. Just wondering with the PVC sheet were abouts did you puches it or where would i be able to purches it from. Thanks for useful post.

Cheers Fishinwahbee