PDA

View Full Version : Swains trip

robersl
25-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Hi all
Just got back from my first ever swains trips with some of the other boys on here you know who you are so won't mention names but feel free to add any comments

A bit late leaving gladstone due to a radio fault having got the repaired we left about 5.30pm and motored out into a bit of heavy weather 2-3 m follow sea so it was not to bad a trip over arrived about 10am sunday morning and we spent the day drifting a few shoals for a good feed of parrot,trout and red throat ect my first drop using one of Robs Rigs that i brought off here i get monstered and after a hard fought fight finally get the fish to the surface to see the biggest Chinaman i have seen but the rig held up so that was the main thing next drop i came up with a nice trout so that made up for it,

Night was coming on so we took shelter in behind one of the reefs in 18m of water where till just after sunset we continued to get red throat and a few squid.
2nd day we motored to Mystery cay and fished there a few boys opted for the dingies while most stayed on the boat for drift fishing and a bit of (spanish mackerall trolling 4 landed on this day)

back to the cay to anchor up for the night where 1 of the boys landed a nice coral trout and we had a bit of fun on the vermin ect
next day back out to the shoals for a fish with more spanish coming on board including a triple hook up and all fish landed and a quite a few reef fish landed on the big boat as well as the dories
we did the same thing for the next few days with the same results also nailed some nice spangled emporer on some homemade plastics that a mate gave me to try, late thursday we motored back close to the outside of the reef for the trip home on friday .
friday morning we fished the deep and i again put on 1 of Robs Rigs and landed my first every red emporor and my first nanigi. great rigs Rob Thanks
The food was first class all the way nothing fancy but all home cooked like roast and pasta bake ect curried prawns and bacon eggs ect for brekkie
the crew of the Norval were very helpful and nothing was to much trouble for them we had the owner of the boat on with us as well and we were asked to give feedback so they could continue to improve there service and boat

Regards
Shane

Robbo76
25-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Nice job Shane!! Thanks for giving the rigs a workout. :) You must be stuffed now.

robersl
25-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi Rob been home since sat arvo and i still want to sleep 5 days on a swaying boat in chop trying to keep balanced and land fish takes it out of you lol or i am getting old

shane

Robbo76
25-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Getting old mate. :) Nah, i'm buggered after one full days fishing! :)

murf
25-07-2011, 07:09 PM
well done :)

that is a good Chinaman

I guess we will hear more as they get out of bed

cheers Murf

Lucky_Phill
26-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks Shane.

Let's hope the other lads post up their experience etc....

The NSW boys were " on it " on Thursday evening here in Brisbane before departing to Gladstone...... interetsing to see how they handled the weather.

LP.

robersl
26-07-2011, 12:57 PM
they got through ok lol

ronmurphy
03-08-2011, 09:17 PM
thanks for a good report ron

robersl
05-08-2011, 07:46 PM
thanks for a good report ron

Hi Ron was a great trip realy enjoyed it mate thanks for the hospitality you just need to teach murph how to play cards a bit better lol

shane

murf
05-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi Ron was a great trip realy enjoyed it mate thanks for the hospitality you just need to teach murph how to play cards a bit better lol

shane

hey!!! I can play cards as bad as the rest of them

oh not me :-[

cheers Murf