PDA

View Full Version : Charter Trip this Sunday 31st July - URGENT

Marlin_Mike
25-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place, also put this in M&G section.

We have arranged a charter trip for this Sunday aboard Nitro, out of Manly Harbour. We have had a couple drop out, and need 2 people who would like to go. The crew is from VMR Raby Bay, so you might be able to get some valuable info out of them. :P;) As with charters, all gear bait lunch etc supplied, just bring your own alcohol. Will confirm, but believe Nitro departs William Gunn Jetty Manly Harbour at 5am. Weather is looking good so far. If anyone can help and would like to go. please ring me urgently.

Sorry forgot price - $190.00 a head

Mike

Marlin_Mike
25-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Spots filled, thanks to the 2 Tims.......

Mike

ThePinkPanther
27-07-2011, 09:51 AM
That's John Palermo's charter boat isn't it?

timddo
27-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Bloody two Tim's. I think their is too many Tim's on Ausfish ;D

Marlin_Mike
27-07-2011, 10:31 AM
That's John Palermo's charter boat isn't it?

Certainly is Pink Panther

michael_mad_fisho
31-07-2011, 11:49 PM
how did yas go ??

TimD
01-08-2011, 04:36 PM
how did yas go ??

One word (CRAP)

PinHead
01-08-2011, 05:04 PM
One word (CRAP)

Please explain

was it crap charter?
crap weather?
crap fishing?
crap people on board?

all of the above?

TimD
01-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Please explain

was it crap charter?
crap weather?
crap fishing?
crap people on board?

all of the above?

1. I have to admit it was honestly the worst charter i have been on
2. The weather was a little rough but not too bad
3. Yeah the fishing was crap, but everyone i know who fished offshore on Sunday struggled to get fish (except madmackerel)
4. The fisherman on board were all great people

Things that made it a bad charter were -

3 foam cups on board for 12 fisherman (thats just trivial but im sure more than 3 people wanted a warm cuppa)

Palermo had the shits cos one bloke dropped a rod and reel combo in the drink in 80 metres of water, he then kept going off at his deck hand saying he was a useless prick and he wasnt doing his job properly. The deck hand seemed to be doing a good job in my opinion. Then he decided to fire his deck hand and made him sit in the cabin for the rest of the day so we had no deckie nearly all day.

We only had pilchards for bait, some squid would have been nice

Half the supplied hooks were nice and rusty

The mono line on the reels was crap, it had so many mono to mono joins in it

Anyway thats just my experience on NITRO charters

cheers tim :)

michael_mad_fisho
01-08-2011, 06:16 PM
what a pitty that does sound like a bad day. . and makes it all the more uncomfortable when the deckie is getting blasted and the captains got the shits.. . sorry to hear fellas.

AnthonyL
01-08-2011, 07:37 PM
It says a lot about the Captains character to do that to a deckie in front of clients.

I can only imagine how that deckie felt and to have to sit it
out and be humiliated is disgusting

timddo
01-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Try the sin bin from 7am. I thought he was fine too. I almost got another passenger to tie my Riggs too. Gees TImd look like a first time fisher. Totally clueless. Some dude even showed him how to rigg a soft plastic too.

rosco1974
01-08-2011, 08:13 PM
geez i thought timd was a plastic guru,could i be wrong.no wonder he brings the chips with him.lol,all good tim.sure does sound like a crappy charter,i though this charter mob was 1 of the good ones out of brissy

TimD
01-08-2011, 09:18 PM
geez i thought timd was a plastic guru,could i be wrong.no wonder he brings the chips with him.lol,all good tim.sure does sound like a crappy charter,i though this charter mob was 1 of the good ones out of brissy

Rosco wait till you get me on board mate, i'll show you how i catch fish on soft plastics :thumbsup:

If anyone looked like an amature it was timddo, he hooked the reef and busted off about 10 times :o

robtarr
02-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Guys there was nothing wrong with where you were fishing - we were already on the drift in the outsider 625 when you turned up on Nitro and the AJ's and YTK's were there and half on the chew - it wasn't hot but it was consistent. We bagged out on AJ's and kept 2 kings and got cleaned up by a few and released a few more.

I was surprised when you left the drift only to come back again later.

It's a shame the skipper's behaviour spoilt the day for his paying customers and sounds like he's dropping the ball on the quality of service he's offering - there'll be a reason if he's formerly had a good rep but still not a good business decision. Did you try for livies on the way out?

cheers Rob

timddo
02-08-2011, 09:06 AM
. Did you try for livies on the way out?

cheers Rob

No livies, we went straight to the 33????, 35??? fathom ( i don't think he even had a rod to catch livies or bait jigs to be honest).

Jarrah Jack
02-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Jeez 12 people on board, thats $2280 all up and the guy treats his clients like that!! Doesn't deserve to be in business and probably won't be soon.

robtarr
02-08-2011, 10:21 AM
that's a shame Tim - hopefully Mr Palermo reads this and takes steps to improve what now looks like a very poor image of his operation - I've done many charters where the weather and fishing has been less than I'd hoped - that's fishing - but an enthusiastic/engaged skipper has the ability to turn the day around so you don't begrudge handing over your hard-earned - unlike how you would have felt handing him $190!!

The accessibility of the internet and a site like Ausfish can do wonderful things for your business but it can be ruthless as well if you drop the ball.

Secret Spot
03-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Tim, recently i was on board this vesel and the fishing was crap, what we did keep i would normally let go to grow to some size,every time we looked like getting some fish we were told lines up and moved again. On the way home we come in the wrong way as we approched the bar we hit sand and the boat spun side ways causing a wave of approx 1 met higher than the back of the boat coming in and flooding the entire deck eskyies and gear floating everywhere . I am sure that was not supposed to happen with experience of this nature, could have been a lot worse if he was not able to reverse off the sand and also the trip was stopped twice due to water leak from one of the motors causing overheating setting off alarms.

TimD
03-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Tim, recently i was on board this vesel and the fishing was crap, what we did keep i would normally let go to grow to some size,every time we looked like getting some fish we were told lines up and moved again. On the way home we come in the wrong way as we approched the bar we hit sand and the boat spun side ways causing a wave of approx 1 met higher than the back of the boat coming in and flooding the entire deck eskyies and gear floating everywhere . I am sure that was not supposed to happen with experience of this nature, could have been a lot worse if he was not able to reverse off the sand and also the trip was stopped twice due to water leak from one of the motors causing overheating setting off alarms.

Hahaha yeah it was like that on our charter too, i think Palermo should give it away.