PDA

View Full Version : 8 gang switch panel

Dan5
22-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Hey guys can someone recomend a good quality switch panel for a center console boat,must be water resistant of course.Post up a link if you know of one...I also need a busbar aswell...thanks.

Dan

Noelm
22-07-2011, 02:31 PM
best switches I have found are "carlingswitch" 100% water proof (IP68 rating) and they come either single, in groups of 3 or a "build yourself" bezel that can have as many as you like on it, most good marine shos can get them for you, but they are not real cheap, but then, as long as they last, in the long run they are cheaper.

Noelm
22-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I might add, I put them on my CC and it is exposed to the rain and salt water (even though they are only 8 months old) and they are still 100% reliable, my mate has had some for over 18 months now.
http://rocker-switches.carlingtech.com/sealed-rocker-switch__19.asp

Dan5
22-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I might add, I put them on my CC and it is exposed to the rain and salt water (even though they are only 8 months old) and they are still 100% reliable, my mate has had some for over 18 months now.

Thanks mate........We have a bias here in Darwin and i wish we had a whitworths.........i'll check em out and hopefully find some online somewhere.

Dan

the baker
22-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Dan,
You pretty much get what you pay for, and make shore it has water proof boot switches on it and fuse holders.
when I put mine into my tinnie, I ran a light bead of silicon around it to seal the back of it. it is no problem to get off if you need too it gives a little more protection.

Dave.

Dan5
22-07-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm looking to get decent one's for sure.......Had the old 6 gang cheapo's in a another boat a few years ago and the UV damage we get up here kills em in a year or 2....even parked undercover, being out on the water seems to be enough to damage them.

And yeah plenty of sika around them to seal them off is a must.

Dan

OPTI
22-07-2011, 02:49 PM
dana marine in the usa make custom panels with those switches ,they have an online store i got this panel off them,they custom laser engrave it for you as well ,and anodising colors available,this 10 switch panel was 300 from memory which i thought was pretty good

Noelm
22-07-2011, 03:37 PM
the actual switches look like Carlings from the picture. There is a few good brands in the US

deckie
22-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Yeah the Dana ones are made for Carlingswitch too. If u want good ones i'll second or third these. But i;ve always had them and just put a fresh dozen on a refit. You can get all sorts of actuators (the thing u flick) in all sorts of colours but in oz its pretty much black or white. Check overseas sites or ring Carlingswitch direct if u want anything fancy...lots and lots of fascia panels such as the Dana ones made for these switches. Whitworths stock blueseas contura switches but when i looked about for a different colour for a horn switch i found these and found they are simply Carlingswitch rebranded. They fit and are in all aspects identical. The gangs of 3 are v handy coz they are small enough to arrange on smaller dash's if space is limited. You will need a seperate fusebox...the blueseas blade type fuse boxes are good kit and then no need for bus bars.