PDA

View Full Version : Haines History

matt fraser
20-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Just wondering if someone out there can fill me in on some of the details on the history of Haines Hunter boats and Haines Signatures.

From what I can work out Haines Hunter started in QLD in the 70s (or maybe earlier) and built quite a reputation until sometime in the nineties, when it was sold. Sometime later Haines signature started up, and is still going in QLD as the Haines group.

Haines Hunter moved to victoria at some stage, and still going strong. Obviously there would have been some intense rivalry there at some stage, but both companies have forged a great reputation in the Australian boating industry.

Until recently I've always been a tinny man, so have always had the blinkers on in regards to glass boats. But now I have one, I'm interested in the history of Haines's.

Any info welcome

Matt

Relaxedcamper
20-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Interesting reading about the history of the Haines Hunter family.

http://www.myboatingshop.com/boat-history/haines-signature-boats-history

Cheers.

Grand_Marlin
20-07-2011, 03:15 PM
The latest edition of Trailer Boat Magazine has a special write up on the Haines Hunter time line.

Cheers

Pete

matt fraser
21-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks for that, exactly what I was after. Very interesting, thanks Relaxed camper. And I'll check out the mag too thanks Pete,

Matt

mal555
21-07-2011, 09:25 AM
They both certainly have a big following over every state in the country. I remember when Signature first emerged in the late eighties, man, where they a good looking boat, compared to pretty much anything else produced at the time.
A similar concept, but with big boats has occurred with Riviera and Maritimo.