PDA

View Full Version : Gladdy/Yeppoon offshore Sunday 24, Monday 25 - Can seabreeze be trusted this far out?

CT
19-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Seabreeze is currently telling me that Sunday will be under 13 knots and 1m while Monday will be under 10 knots and 0.8m. Can it be trusted this far out? What do you local folk think?

Dad's thinking of driving up from Brissie so I'd like to make a call reasonably early but as always, trying to balance up against getting over there and finding out its crap.

Anyone got Bouyweather or anything reliable to check it against?

Cheers
Craig

jtpython
19-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Hard to pick with these Southerly's and SW's about but i'll be biting at the bit myself
That southerly usuasl up in mornings unpredictable
JT

CT
19-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks JT,
Guess we'll just keep watching and waiting.

Will be a whole lot easier when my house here in Bilo sells and I move over your way. Just duck down the beach and have a look!

Cheers
Craig

Ally Jack
19-07-2011, 08:21 PM
CT,

Seabreeze is good for the graphs of what has happened, at least you can see when you should have gone out. I find it too general ie. Central coast where is that exactly....St Lawrence to Burnett Heads is a big area
I use Seabreeze for a week long look then go to windfinderdotcom for the day to day stuff, I find them much better. They usually are a little higher on the forecasted wind strengths but overall a better site for me.

Ally Jack

Scott79
19-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Seabreeze has burnt me a couple of times recently, it was with the Southerly's as JT has mentioned. I try to look at Seabreeze, Willyweather and BOM and average it out a bit.
From my observations BOM tends to over-estimate it a bit, Seabreeze seems to be more accurate when it is windy rather than calm, and I am paying a bit more attention to Willyweather these days.

Almost a week out with that forecast I reckon it could go either way mate.

Scott.

ifishcq1
19-07-2011, 09:42 PM
We are hitting Keppel with a dozen guys from Brissie from Thursday to Monday and will be heading wide almost regardless of the wind at this stage at least a couple of times with maybe a jim crow or dogs leg in between
Jt we will be at the round house when not on the water and there is jimmy almost on tap and on channel 69 offshore except for weather report times back to 21

cheers

CT
19-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks everyone,
I'll keep track of a few sites over the next few days and make a decision down the track.

Cheers
Craig

BOMBIE
20-07-2011, 07:31 PM
We are hitting Keppel with a dozen guys from Brissie from Thursday to Monday and will be heading wide almost regardless of the wind at this stage at least a couple of times with maybe a jim crow or dogs leg in between
Jt we will be at the round house when not on the water and there is jimmy almost on tap and on channel 69 offshore except for weather report times back to 21

cheers I's thinking you may be spending a BIT of time at the round house !! ps did you get the e-mail I sent Re; our Ramps ..

Ally Jack
23-07-2011, 09:06 PM
CT,

It's starting to look a lot better for Sunday. I'm thinking I might head out Monday/Tuesday after shift myself for a fish.

Ally Jack

CT
24-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Starting to look very nice isn't it.

ifishcq1
25-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Bloody hard work heading out yesterday
the guys in the hydrofield suffered, the longboat and the cat did it a fair bit better while we could only do around 40km/h comfortably in the dirty sloppy crap
but there are some horse red getting around and we never saw another boat all day until we got back to Keppel which these days is very unusual
Today was great in the bay but the wider you go the bigger the chop on top of the 1.5 swell

cheers