PDA

View Full Version : a week at evans head for the classic

miss be have
16-07-2011, 04:06 PM
hi all i got home today from the evans head fishing classic it was a great week not just for fishing i went to sea only 1 day my crew dont like fishing at sea we got a good feed a of pan size snapper the rest of the week was spent trying to catch bream and tailor off the beach of a night and morning with not much luck with the tailor just about every bait put in the water for a tailor was taken salmon wow they go hard then of a day i went after black fish with some luck for a first timer at it the hardest part was finding green weed no prizes this year but thats the luck of the draw ;D

halfmanhalffish
17-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Got home yesterday also. Had a fat time! Lots of fun,way too many beers, overdosed on RSL food but did get some cracker fish. Nothing was big enough to hit the leader board but our boat did manage a couple of daily prizes. Got good Jew to around 18kg, snapper to over 8kg, cobia, pearly and the ever present trag! never seen a place with so many little trag! Didn't catch buckets of fish, just concentrating on the big one. Comp I think was well run and some good prizes were handed out. Love the fact that everything is so close by. Booked accommodation again for next year. Well worth a look if anyone wants a good holiday

ranga7
20-07-2011, 07:25 PM
snapper over 8kg, why didn't you weigh em in, my mate got second in the snapper and it was 7.something kg.

halfmanhalffish
20-07-2011, 08:00 PM
8.4kg whole. He was 100gm off third prize. Close but no cigar!!! Same story with the Jew, just missed. Had lots of beer to console myself however.