PDA

View Full Version : Fraserconditions and fishing.

Dignity
14-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Spent the last week or so at Fraser and got to get out a few times, we found the fishing to be interesting to say the least, we caught Reds on shallow ground where we didn't expect them but areas where we expected red throats we didn't get them, there was a pro hitting the red throat area last week. The mackerel were running last week but died out this week although there was one bloke fishing off Waddy on 15 lb mono and he managed to land a 22.7kg spaniard off the rocks, that would have been a feat and a half. He had walked down to the the rocks so he had to carry the fish for 40 or 50 meters, put it down, go back get his gear and bring it up and then repeat it all over again until he got home. If any one is interested he caught it on a Toby lure, he was spinning for tailor, he did mention where you can still buy these but I would have to ask one of my mates as he was talking about some turn off to Maryborough. The tailor were around last week but a bit shy this week.

The launching at Waddy was OK and there was definitely a good gutter but there was considerable eddies especially on a making tide and the sand banks shifted daily. Last week a boat turned turtle coming in at night although they came in around the rocks, experienced skipper but a dark night and top of the tide was not a great result. Fortunately they all got out with out a scratch although lost a lot of gear.

The track into Indian is drying out, too many bogged vehicles is not helping, anyone interested in a more detailed update please PM me and I will try and respond as soon as I can.

Dignity
21-07-2011, 07:36 AM
One thing I forgot was that the sharks were prolific especially on the top half of the South Gardiners in the shallow waters where we normally fish for Red Throats and the bottom half of the North Gardiners in deeper water where we normally fish for Reds, lost all mine so had to move on. Hopefully if any of you guys are going soon the sharks amy have been well fed by now and you will be able to avoid them.