PDA

View Full Version : Boat Seating

wayno60
14-07-2011, 06:36 PM
If you had a choice of a box seat setup or a pedestal type in a 4.6 half cab which way would you go and why?
On top of which ever way i go i will be puting those padded seats with the back that pivots front to back.

Dignity
14-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Box seat, wasted space under a pedestal seat generally although it depends a lot on the size of the box. I did build box seats for my boat but it was too big as I wanted to store all sort of items, am in the process of cutting them down.

robothefisho
14-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Probably box seats, I liked swinging the seat around and having the box to put my feet up on while fishing.

FishHunter
14-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Box seat anything else is just dead space

marto78
14-07-2011, 09:01 PM
A big esky with a back rest is the go IMO.

murf
14-07-2011, 09:28 PM
I had the pedestal seats in my 1/2 cab 5m boat

no room so took out the passenger seat

still a PITA and I really want a seat for my neck and back but still not enough room/versatility

removed drivers seat and love it :) but I do have a $10 fold up camp chair to use when needed or sit/lie down in cab to stretch out

will use the Ice box that the fish tub fits in on special occasions as a passenger seat/extra fish storage room

I made a 1200mm long Ice box between seats up in cab to keep an open fishing space down back, it fits a full size fish tub and a couple of big plastic containers for bait and food or can take out the tubs for a fair size mackerel tub

have fun

cheers Murf

deckie
15-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Definitely the third option..quality fold downs. Using offset hinges if necessary to get them laying right out of the way. Stainless compression springs in supports and good 70mm foam for supreme arse caressing comfort. Next would be box, last option pedestals.
With a cpl of nice helmpads underfoot you;ll soon discover the joys of driving on your feet during shorter trips during the day and have twice the deck space at your disposal when needed/wanted.