PDA

View Full Version : Last night off Bundy

George Miller
14-07-2011, 12:21 PM
The forecast looked pretty good for an afternoon/night session yesterday so after a quick few phone calls we were on our way. We left the ramp at Burnett Heads around midday and headed out about 18 miles or so and got straight into a few decent sweeties before the trigger fish found us. Had a couple more shifts and each time the same, a few sweeties then the triggers. We were kept entertained for a half hour or so when one of the floaters went off and eventually a long tailed tuna (northern blue fin) was brought to the boat. It wasnt weighed but i reckon it was over the 10kg mark. Not a bad effort on a pretty light spin outfit by the big fella.
Just before dark we found a decent looking show on the sounder and anchored up hoping for some action just on or after dark. We were not to be disappointed as the snapper came of the chew just after dark, about 3/4 of an hour before the top of the tide.
We ended up bagging out on the snapper even after losing a couple to sharks.
We ended up with 28 fish in total including 1 red and what i have identified as a dark tailed sea perch (see photo). Not a bad arvo's fishing i reckon.

lethal098
14-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Some nice snaps there, well done.

Cheers Lee

steveclem
14-07-2011, 03:21 PM
That's encouraging. Thanks.

Andrew_P
14-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey George - nice Snaps! You are correct - that is a Dark-tailed sea perch (Lutjanus lemniscatus) and I bet it was tasty!

TREVELLY
14-07-2011, 05:32 PM
You had a very good arvo/evening out.

And don't those LT tuna go hard.

Enjoy your feed - some nice fish there