PDA

View Full Version : Dame Notherly, Murphies, Blinker, Outer and Inner Neerings toda.

Wax_head
13-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Up this morning with Jack Frost, Bro turned up and off we went. Launched at Mooloolaba and straight out to Murphies, hard to find a fish on the sounder. 30 mins then we moved to outer neerings, burley up and a couple of small fish but they were throw backs, time to move. Inside the blinker a big show on the sounder so here we go should be a fish in this lot worth keeping. But no good just a couple of red rock cod.

Back to the inner neerings and still no good. Very frustrating fishing. But thats what keeps me going back I guess!!!!!!

Had the marine radio on and was listening to a couple of calls and it sounds like every body was doing is tough with the Northerly's blowing.

The water temp was 19.5 c and it looked pretty good. There was a bugger of a chop on the water.

Anyone got any ideas on using berley buckets as in what depth to have them at. I have decided to lower mine down a few meters next time.

Hope everyone is getting a couple.
Cheers Bicko;D

wags on the water
13-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Shoulda been there yesterday......

Eelman
14-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Am I wrong in saying the red rock cod are very good on the chew? I've read that they have a very nasty poison in the spine though.

nigelr
14-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Yeah they have nice thick white fillets but watch those spines!
AKA 'poor man's lobster'!

jason p
19-07-2011, 03:53 PM
hey bicko, your not the only one mate. i was out wednesday ary and found it very light on, with only a few pearlies, couple of sweetlip and a lonely tuskie, no snaps though wich was what we were hoping for. had a chat to a couple at the ramp before going out n they were saying the same thing.
we had the intension to stay out there the night and head out wide on thursday, afews hours into the night n that slop soon sent us back home with a full tank of juice and bait for next trip.

cheers jp