PDA

View Full Version : Seatrail Trailers

Volvo
12-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Chasing words of wisdom regarding these trailers:)...They tough??, Good value??, Build quallity???...Looking at one for my 20ft Tinny...
Cheers

Owen
12-07-2011, 06:11 PM
I have one, but only 4.5m
The build quality is not too bad
They are made in china so you need to have a good look over it before you take delivery
I spent a fair bit of time spraying mine with rust proofing inside and fish oil outside
Also make sure it has Holden or ford bearings
Earlier models like mine have an odd sized bearing
Given I saved over $1000 compared to the nearest local one I'm happy to carry a spare set of bearings or buy another axle
The local trailers are definitely higher quality finish
For my money it was structurally sound and will last longer than I want to keep the boat, so to me saving a grand was a no brainer

Cheers
Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volvo
13-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Cheers mate and apprecieted:)..

Mr__Bean
13-07-2011, 07:49 PM
I bought a Seatrail double jetski trailer.

Cheap trailer and cheap quality, many areas of bad galvanising had been covered with silver spray paint.

Welds are OK but not brilliant, Winch has corroded prematurely.

I wouldn't worry if I was to use it for freshwater but I wouldn't buy another Seatrail for saltwater use.

Darren

Smithy
15-07-2011, 06:40 AM
Yep dodgey as. Spend the money on a proper one though gal quality seems to have gone downhill on all brands. Must not be able to put the good stuff in it like the "good old days" or something. I'd be going alloy or something from the US these days.

I've seen one broken with the drawbar snapped in half at the boat ramp at Hervey Bay one time, mine had the odd size bearings and seals and hub cap thing going on and another mate just bought one and had to reweld all the back and add bits to make it a drive on trailer for his V19R. All the brackets were not strong enough for that old glass jigga and it would move them every time. Lucky he is a welder by trade and stuffed about with it for about a week setting it up.