PDA

View Full Version : Ruff trip outwide sunday

outwide1
04-07-2011, 09:52 PM
With the forcast of it dropping out Sunday mid morning we headed out wide to fish some wrecks in search of some big fish.Well we werent disapointed with a continues flow of kingies and amberjacks coming on board.
Tired of catching those we moved in to the 100 mtr mark in search of some pearlies for the table,by this stage it was getting on and the wind from the sw had picked up.
We deployed the para anchor from the stern to slow our drift and stay in the stike zone long enough to catch a nice bag of pearlies.
We then slowly pounded our way home to find the bay smooth enough to sit on 30kts home to scarby.
Good trip but still prefer going to Tin can bay and fishing off DI.
Cheers Mick.

Bull
05-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the report Mick. I would love to be able to say I got sick of pulling Ambo's and Kingies I guess I dont catch enough of the buggers. Good to hear you got a nice feed of pearlies as well.
I was going to head out on sunday but with the forecast looking a bit dodgy I stayed home and did some trailer maintenance and tried to rack up a few brownie points But ended up down at the tackle shop spending money lol.

Cheers Bull

Wax_head
05-07-2011, 09:19 AM
And I thought I was keen going over the Caloundra Bar on Sundy, but I didn't go far. Just fished around Brays. I saw a couple of boats out towards 5 mile but it look to uncomfortable for me. My haines is a solid little boat but it bucks like a mechanical bull with a chop up out there.

They look like good size Kings good one.

robvee
05-07-2011, 10:21 AM
I stayed home and did some trailer maintenance and tried to rack up a few brownie points But ended up down at the tackle shop spending money

Cheers Bull
hee hee hee hee .... this sounds just like me ---- trying to do the right thing, and then you just get deeper into it :-)

outwide1
06-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Hey bull,if you want kings etc just float livies on the 100mtr ledge mate or even dead yakkas they work.
I had a feeling the weather was going to be wrong but that need to stratch the itch over come my
commen sense.lol
Cheers Mick

Bull
06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Hey bull,if you want kings etc just float livies on the 100mtr ledge mate or even dead yakkas they work.
I had a feeling the weather was going to be wrong but that need to stratch the itch over come my
commen sense.lol
Cheers Mick

Thanks for the advice Mick I went through a stage where I was getting a few but havent got any for a while now.

I know what you mean about having to get out there and scratch that itch. Ive gone out knowing that conditions are not going to be fantastic and had to sit in behind an island to get out of the howling wind and pissing down rain over night and catch nothing worthwhile. But hey we do it because we love it I guess.

Cheers Bull

kitty_cat
06-07-2011, 04:34 PM
good job mick i was hoping to see some pics of the pearlies

outwide1
06-07-2011, 07:01 PM
You and i both know what they look like,maybe if it was a 14kg red it would be worth it.lol