PDA

View Full Version : Selling boats

INDULGENCE
30-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Other than the obvious (posting in Ausfish classifieds) seeking some advice on selling a 6.5m plate alloy boat
I ran an ad in classifieds for over 3months and not many lookers,the boat has been on consignment in a dealers yard for 6 months and again not many tyre kickers.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the boat other than V6 petrol sterndrive on a heavy boat(1650kg).It has 4mm sides / floor and 9mm transom.
I have replaced it with a lighter Stabi
Getting desperate to sell as it is not doing the boat any good just sitting around.
Price dropped from insurance assessment $55k to $28k can still go a little lower,just to please the little women so I dont own 3 boats
Any help appreciated

Wally

krazyfisher
30-06-2011, 06:42 PM
I would try boatpoint and ebay both have worked for me I have sold 2 on ebay and 1 on ausfish the rest have been local papers.
everything will sell at the right price

robothefisho
30-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Things are slow at the moment but i think will start to pick up again very soon. Only boats priced low are moving quickly at the moment. Your best bet is to advertise everywhere you can find,have the boat very clean and everything working. Word of mouth through freinds is also a good option.