PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough reef fishing day

steve harney
30-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Was a nice day & kids are home!! Never fished the reef before so I thought I give it a go & kill 2 birds with one keeping the kid busy & maybe catch some fish. By time I got the kids going & getting some bait on the water about 9am never been there before took it easy & motored over to out passed North reef, plenty of boats for mid week so just found a spot away from everyone between the post & the green marker dropped the pick burley over all good away from everyone, had the kids lines set up & over, now to set up mine, young daughter (9)calls out I think I have one!! ok ok just bring it in thinking some little thing!! but It's pulling too hard ok ok got the plug leaned over without looking loosened the drag & so called plug makes a runner holy crap!! looked around & the tip of the rod in the water and the girls has a fight on her hands, well she's got the idea dragging the fish in & by herself & the son nets the big bream good one baby maybe there's some nice fish around here?? baited up & over the side back to rigging my up & than the young fellows on bloody hell, he only has a light rod & after a while brings in a really nice bream also, now that sorted rig my & maybe get into it don't you love taking the kids fishing, no sooner than 2 minutes some clown motors over sits 10 foot behind us making all the noise possible in the burley trail & all the bite's gone I watch this guy for a while getting snagged every throw & busting he line off everytime tool head, anyway had time to rig up we were floating our bait with little sinkers if at all nothing!! after awhile tool head see a boat about 100 metres away catching fish pulls the pick up & bolts over to the there boat same thing in behind them & starts fishing, ok we started getting fish again and a big Snapper which turned into a stinger ray on the way up bummer!! anyway here comes tool head again run straight across our lines & proceeds to fish even closer!! I asked him if he wants to join us in the boat as well seeing he was close enough & the fish went off the chew after all the throwing the pit in banging & carrying on like a pork chop, I couldn't work out if was a dumb ass or mentally disturbed!! something wasn't right!! anyway had a nice little bucket of bream nice day & called it a day, firied the boat up I I went out so I didn't upset any one fishing sounded out a bit wider & found some new ground ok kids one more go at it drifting this time & get this this tool heads comes out & starts to fish with in casing distants again, ok asked the kids to block there ears & gave him a spray funny he bolted whats with these people?? anyway back to ramp cleaned the fish & getting boat all packed up & one of the the over boat guys come up & said that bloke in the Yellow glass boat was a pain hey!! he gave the shit's to a few boats as the same as us. But all's good I like out there & I will be back & maybe hookup on a Snapper & hope it doesn't turn into something else coming up
Cheers Guys safe fishing Steve

Dignity
30-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey, still a good day that you got out with the kids and they had a ball, what more could you ask for - apart from the TOOL

Just_chips
02-07-2011, 09:59 AM
There are plenty of tools out there but also lots and lots of good ground that is well away from the reef markers that seems to attract the tools. Keep your eye on your sounder, fish away from the crowds and the snapper are there. They are caught anywhere from woody point to north point on any piece of broken ground in between so plenty or room between tools.

Kev