PDA

View Full Version : Suspension System for Boat Seats

ngc1955
28-06-2011, 08:22 PM
I read an article about a locally produced suspension systems for boat seats but I can't remember the manufacturers name. I think they were built on Gold Coast Qld. Help would be appreciated ;D

thylacene
28-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Have a look here, considering one of these for the wench's seat http://www.raeline.com.au/pedestals.php

Swanie1975
28-06-2011, 08:57 PM
hi

i think you might mean nashcush in southport somewhere. go on ebay and search suspension in boat parts.

cheers ryan

Hell Boy
28-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I got the raeline suspension gear for both seats in my stabi, Makes a trip out to tangas a lot better and longer distances. worth it in my option if you don't stand much while underway

deckie
28-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Plenty of gas pedestal seats about. Options galore tho.
Amazing how many guys suffer thru their entire body being murdered as part of the joys of boating..especially in sub 6m rigs. You see guys in runabout style tinnies driving in chop with their arse on a thinly padded small pedstal seat..bugger that. Just before your spine snaps your teeth rattle out.
Gas pedestals and compression spring loaded fold downs are at least an improvement. Do yourself a favour tho..if you have pedestals and want to keep them at least get a swivel on a slide so you can push the seat right back...enables you to stand to drive and with soft knees standing on a nice comfy helm pad you just glide along with the sea all day long. Maybe grab and butcher a cheapo 20mm gym mat from kmart to test it out... and stand on it to drive and let your knees float with the waves. Bewwwdifulllllllll. If they arnt well set up comfy pedestals you're better off ripping them out. More room anyway.
Yanks seem to know it, we seem more committed to back surgery in this country though.

One Day
01-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Nashcush suspension systems, you'll be looking at around the $400 mark and can find a add on ebay. Recently purchased one to try it out but haven't installed it yet. Very solid construction and I can't wait to get it in. They have 3 models for persons up to 90kg, 100kg and 120kg. You can contact Adrian who makes them at aljnash@yahoo.com.au
Hope this helps.