PDA

View Full Version : Offshore goldie WED/THUR

Timfishin4fun
25-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Hi all a quick report of the trips this week.

Wed got bait from bait grounds in front of sand pumping jetty, was plenty of bait around so was not to hard.

Went straight to the 50's se of the seaway. We jigged and had livies down, took a bit but got a hookup on a 6 kg ambo, nice first fish boated I thought. Well livies never got touched again but the jig did. Two small rat kings undersize and another ambo about 4 kg.

Lost one big king, to the bottom, bricked me hard and lost my fav jig.

Back into the 42's and got a couple of trag, a good pearlie and a small snap.

Conditions were difficult as the westerly wind was pumping.

Thurs bait again same area, nne of seaway to a mark on the 36's, good shows. Wind was better today but still pushing us along. Struggled to get them to bite. Caught a small legal snap and a couple undersize.

Was contemplating wether to go to 50's or not, thinking the breeze will only have more effect out there. We said bugger it and out we go. Got out there and conditions were perfect.

The sounder was looking poor though. Bit of searching found some bait on a ledge, livie gets chewed with no take, then my sqiud gets hammered. King on. Mate keeps his rig down for 3-4 minutes no touches and then he clears the lines on the way up boom double hookup. Two quality kings boated. 10kg.

Another drift and livie crunched (I get this in 17kg king) mate hooked up on the squid but looses it to a bad not. but the third rod goes as well lucky 1 fish got off heh. Another kingie about 12kg.

Packed up and back to sullies for a fish with a bit of action there and time to go we came back in thru the pin bar. I went thru the northern gutter but would not recommend it in anything less than a flat sea. Only 1.5m of water on high tide. Had to slide across the top of a wave to get back to the main which was a mill pond.

Top couple of days but can't wait for the reefies to fire a bit better.

Timbo

rosco1974
25-06-2011, 08:05 AM
well done timbo sees like the kingies and aj's are biting well.will bring my rig down that way soon and team up for a fish
cheers rosco

mark johno
25-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Sounds like a good day Timbo, planning a trip to sullies on Sunday just wondering what you found there.

Mark.

outwide1
25-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Gday tim,your a gamer man then me coming through that northern passage.
I have always gone down to the south and out that way,when was the last time you used the southern entrance,someone told me it too had shallowed up?
Cheers Mick.

Timfishin4fun
25-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Plenty of water thru the sth. Just a bit low on low tide.

The tide I went thru was last of run in with 0.5m rolling thru, would not recommend it though.

Tim

TimD
25-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Sounds like you had a couple of good sessions timbo :thumbsup:

You need to invest in a cheap camera mate, you know we all love fish pic's on here :P

cheers tim :)

wags on the water
25-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Glad to hear you nailed a few bigger fish Tim.

Cheers,
Wags