PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow reds

kitty_cat
22-06-2011, 07:08 PM
had the call to help run a mates marintimo 48 upto bundy from the gold coast and get to play with the garmin electronics on board (my new job is garmin qld sales rep) awesome set up inc 2 x 15 inch garmins and 12 inch on back deck radar ect ect;D and unbeleviable boat , more about electronics in electronics section when i get pics ect together.

the call was made best to travel during day and not drop a line untill we were on the red grounds off d.i couldnt resist a quick drift or 2 on way up for a few parrott not much but fish seemed to bite on the 2 spots we stopped at but middle of the day and were keen to be in the right area for arvo session , arrived at 3-4ish and fished for only 3 hrs when wind and current picked up and couldnt even get a 24 once lead to bottom but didnt matter because the few hrs we had the fish chewed well.

kitty_cat
22-06-2011, 07:14 PM
forgot to get in plug How good is the sounder image on the garmin sounders crystal clear .

TREVELLY
22-06-2011, 08:13 PM
KC you caught more quality fish in a few hours than I would be happy with in a few days - way to go!!

I wonder if the boat is called "Pandemonium" ?

Thanks for the post - some nice fish there.

Oh and the sounder looks okay too ;)

outwide1
22-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Gee nice bit of ground there wayne.Wish i could find a rise like that in the area.lol
Comes up quick and nice and high.Clear sounder image and like how it has no clutter just showing the fish.
Well done and you will have to be very very sneaky at the comp. :)
Cheers MICK

vertico
22-06-2011, 08:59 PM
cant see any reds on those sounder shows or am i missing something ?

perko
23-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Well done, and did it in style. I was thinking a bit the same as vertico. Did you pull the fish of those sounder shots?

indy
23-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Nice going wayne bring on rainbow comp getting close now

kitty_cat
23-06-2011, 04:54 PM
hey trev its a nice way to travell

bring on rainbow comp full week of red fishing

pics of sounder are at planning speed to show structures full outlay, when slowed down fished showed up all over screen more pics in electronics section soon. i know it says 3.8 knts in pic thats when i slowed down to take pic had to skipper photographer and fish all at once (hard job i know) people that know sounders will know at speed you get better look of structure.

Horse
23-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Wayne you forgot the shot of the GPS screen.

Great fish for such a short session

lightsout76
23-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Nice fish there alright, I'm jealous!! :P

Thanks for the post,
Leon.

jtpython
24-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Sheeshus you have a hard life. Now how much are the systems worth
JT

kitty_cat
25-06-2011, 01:47 PM
hey jt the set up on this boat is unreal everything on anyones wish list 2 x garmin 7015 , 1 x garmin 5012 , open aray garmin radar , flat screens on boat able to veiw sounder/gps screens, foxtel on sounder/gps screens, auto pilot, night vision fleer , AIS , Marpa tracking , i know iam missing some and dont want to guess figure .

Reel Blue
04-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Nice fish Wayne. Hopefully the weather is calm for the Rainbow Comp!

reel scream
07-07-2011, 11:33 AM
G'day Wayne. Love the sounder pic. Looks like my old JVC- absouletly beautiful.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Scott