PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Moreton - 20-6-11

Lachie1
21-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Had someone put a deposit on the boat over the weekend and with the weather looking pretty good for monday i thought i'd give it one last run. Left manly about 9:00am - headed past the 20 odd boats at Harry's and the 15 or 20 in the Rous and over South Passage Bar. Had a pretty easy crossing - except for nearly hitting a big dugong which definately suprised me then headed for the 29's.

First spot all i got was just undersized (34cm) pearl perch so moved a few hundred meters and had a constant stream of 35cm - 45cm squire until i hooked something a bit better and after a short fight had a decent snapper on board. Measured 80cm and 7kg. Kept this one for a feed and tried for a few more but back to the small ones.

Moved spots again and continued to get heaps of small 25cm - 30cm squire, had a bit of a feed and watched the whales for a bit then decided to head home. Stopped at 1 more spot on the way and hooked something with a bit of fight, wasn't sure what to call it for but it ended up being a 7kg mac tuna, plenty of pan size and smaller squire here but left them biting so i could get home before it started getting cool.

Sat on 44 kph the whole way home in near perfect conditions (most of the way).

Regards,

Lachie

jtpython
21-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Good trip out for a feed mate . Weather has held out, But bloody too cold
JT