PDA

View Full Version : Gol Coast Snapps 20/06/2011

mark johno
21-06-2011, 10:21 AM
68451684506844968448Got out of bed around 10am Yesterday after working nightshift, looked at the weather and thought this day is just too good to pass up. Hooked up the boat and headed off solo down to the Grand Hotel boat ramp, out thru the Seaway into amazing conditions. Got to Diamond reef at midday but after two drifts did not see a lot of action on the sounder although I did get a spaniard right up to the boat on a soft plastic on 30lb leader where it bit me off. I then headed north about 1km to a mark I had not fished much before and found some good looking shows. First drift produced a small snap about 1kg. A few drifts later when I got the jig head weight sorted I got a screaming run on the drop. The fish took some good powerful runs but the Certate 4000 on the Pro Green Loomis was up to the challenge and after a few mintutes the Knobby was in the net. This was my best Snapper for a least 2 seasons (around 8kg) and confirms that this should be a good year for the reds.
Another half a dozen drifts later I was on again and this time it was a smaller fish around 5 kg. Left the spot at 3pm and headed home very happy with the arvo session.

P.S. All fish caught on the ever faithful 7 inch Nuke Chook.

robtarr
21-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Don't you love it when an impulsive trip like that pays off. Excellent report - top fish and pics - thanks for sharing

JJT
21-06-2011, 04:31 PM
nice one mate :)
whatwv as the water temp liek we were out there on sunday ngiht and it was up round 22. very warm for this time of year.
Regards Jason

mark johno
21-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks robtarr it was a great little session.
Jason, water temp around 22 also, that's why there is still Spaniards around.

TREVELLY
22-06-2011, 05:41 AM
Magnificient looking fish.

You gotta be happy not having to get up predawn or head back in the dark.

JJT
22-06-2011, 09:30 AM
welll that is some nice snaps then considering the temp WELL DONE mate.
Jason