PDA

View Full Version : Ya just gotta love Aussie's

Gon Fishun
20-06-2011, 08:47 PM
73,979 members on Ausfish with 73,979 different nick names. :o
Only Aussies can do that.;D

wayno60
20-06-2011, 10:59 PM
well who would want finga as a nic name???

finga
21-06-2011, 04:06 AM
Got me stuffed.

wayno60
21-06-2011, 04:54 AM
oh, and Warick is not a metropolis.... 1. any large, busy city. 2. the chief, and sometimes capital, city of a country, state, or region. 3. a central or principal place, as of some activity: the music metropolis of France.

finga
21-06-2011, 06:49 AM
oh, and Warick is not a metropolis.... 1. any large, busy city. 2. the chief, and sometimes capital, city of a country, state, or region. 3. a central or principal place, as of some activity: the music metropolis of France.
Oh yes it is.
Warwick is the bestest metropolis of the whole bloody world.
It's the centre of the universe. It's got everything. Even me.
Oh, hang on. That's a minus for the place :D

bennykenny
21-06-2011, 07:55 AM

Warwick (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/Loudspeaker.svg/11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png / (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English)ˈ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)w (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)ɒr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)ɪ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)k (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English#Key)/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English))[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warwick,_Queensland#cite_note-1) is a town in Queensland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queensland), Australia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia), lying 130 kilometres (81 mi) south-west of Brisbane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brisbane). It is the administrative centre of the Southern Downs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Downs_Region) Local Government Area (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Government_Areas_in_Australia).

Wayno, is the administrave centre of the SDLGA a central or principal place of some activity, i think it might, i hate to say it but Finga might be RIGHT!!!!!!

fishfeeder
21-06-2011, 10:47 AM
If anyone thinks Warwick is a fantastic metropolis needs to travel or see a doctor about upping there Alzheimer medication !! :P
The only thing is has going for it is the over taking lanes out, so you can get out FAST !!

Cheers
Brett

aussiebasser
21-06-2011, 10:52 AM
I've often heard that if the good Lord wished to give Australia an enema, he'd stick it in Warwick. :)

Jarrah Jack
21-06-2011, 11:44 AM

How did you get it anyway Finga ?

Camhawk88
21-06-2011, 12:23 PM
How did you get it anyway Finga ?

Tackling lessons from John Hopoate??

finga
21-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Oh mate....that nearly got you a dislike but I missed because the arm wasn't aiming right as all the teachers arm wobble flab was wobbling that much I missed the dislike and got the like.....bugger ya :D

Ta Bennykenny. That's well appreciated.

To the other two...well great. 2 more people not stopping here. That's another reason to like this place ;D

We also have a steam train and 2 pie shops now

Marlin_Mike
21-06-2011, 03:47 PM
No activity of Any kind in government of any kind :P::), so you are wrong bennykenny :D, Finga, you lose. Warwick is just that......... a NON metropolis. :P;):P;D

Mike

PinHead
21-06-2011, 03:50 PM
it's ok Scott..don't worry about it..I bet you can go to a convenience store or a servo after dark and not wonder if you will be there when a robbery occurs..unlike that dump they call the Gold Coast.

Camhawk88
21-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Oh mate....that nearly got you a dislike but I missed because the arm wasn't aiming right as all the teachers arm wobble flab was wobbling that much I missed the dislike and got the like.....bugger ya :D

Bullshit finga- I'd say nothing to do with arm fat and everything to do with a crooked finger (which slewed off the dis-like key) from trying to give 'Hopas' on these brisk mornings. Things really clam up when the mercury drops hey?

wayno60
21-06-2011, 04:46 PM
How boring would it be going to the corner shop or 24hr servo to get the milk and thats all that happens, ya get the milk!!
Dodging bullets, fighting off car jackers, hiding behind the bread rack while the place gets robbed.....that gets the blood flowing.

Does warwick have a 24hr servo????

Marlin_Mike
21-06-2011, 04:52 PM
How boring would it be going to the corner shop or 24hr servo to get the milk and thats all that happens, ya get the milk!!
Dodging bullets, fighting off car jackers, hiding behind the bread rack while the place gets robbed.....that gets the blood flowing.

Does warwick have a 24hr servo????

Give it a rest wayno.,Warwick just got lectricity last month.................... 24 hour servos????????????????????? in Warwick?????????????

finga
21-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Who gets milk at a servo??
Fair dinkum I think you city people are weird. You get fuel at a servo not milk.
We go out the back for milk. You just have to pull on a teeeeet or 4 and out it comes. All warm and frothy.
And no....Pongo isn't a cow.

We even have a servo that fills the car up for you.

And yes we do have a 24hr servo. But it's out of town a bit. We don't like all the bright lights you know.

You city fella's must be very jealous of the cook and I.
Within 5 minutes we have everything we need. Even a nut and bolt shop and a Target Country shop.
We even have calf and pig auctions once a week. How good is that?? ;D
Rabbits....well just down the paddock is tea. Take the 4 10 for a walk and hey presto...rabbit mince ready for the stew :D
But the cook has to do that. I'm not allowed to have a gun :-?

wayno60
21-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Mate, Good on the cook for not leaving you alone with a gun.....if you shoot like you type its probable good you live in warwick....nothing to hit out there.
Next time im in the market for a calf, pig or rabbit ill know where to go....

PinHead
21-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Mate, Good on the cook for not leaving you alone with a gun.....if you shoot like you type its probable good you live in warwick....nothing to hit out there.
Next time im in the market for a calf, pig or rabbit ill know where to go....

Could you please re-type your post in legible English..LOL

wayno60
21-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Which part of that did'nt you understand?
Ill type slower for you next time....

finga
22-06-2011, 07:08 AM
What wrong with my typing??
Gees. I'm getting a complex now.
Should I have a complex??

Anyways.
Mmm. What will I do today?
Breakfast: 5 Wheatbix and 3 cups of coffee.
Feed the pooches
8.00am: Go for a drive and feed the ponies and take their rugs off.
Pick up a trailer to bring home so I can fix the brakes and check all the lights for a road worthy.
Go and see my wog mate and see what he's broken last night and see what needs fixing URGENTLY!!!.
Go and see his mum and get some lemons and basil for the cook
Call into the Post Office to pick up a parcel for the cook. Have a yarn to the lady at the window.
Go to IGA and get some hot, cooked chicken drumsticks and a fresh loaf of bread for lunch and have a yarn to the check out chicky babe.
Be home (pending what the wog needs fixing urgently) before 9.30 in time to throw a stick a few times for the pooches before smoko.

Do all that before smoko in the big smoke.
It takes me 2 hours in traffic to get to Lucky Phill's house (with 2 L's) and he's only 7km's up the road.

The chances are though I'll get stuck at Rose and Curly's (Wog's parents) and have smoko there. I won't mind. She's always got fresh biscuits on hand.
If that be the case then everything is shifted by about an hour and a half. But it won't matter ;D

After smoko (pending smoko location): Today's Wednesday so off to the calf and pig sale to see what's happening (and be amased that the inbreds from Killarney found their way 25km's to the big town), go and pick up a crank that's getting machined and then back home to fix some brakes before lunch.

After lunch: have a muck around with the McDonald Imperial Super Diesel to see if I can get the stuck piston unstuck and shove the Briggs and Strattan all back together in time to light the fire about to keep the cook warm tonight.
Oh...nearly forgot. Judge Judy is on at 3pm. So that's afternoon smoko and a laugh ;D

PS: I wonder if Shawn will convey my warning for when he checks the shrimp traps at my secret shrimp spot??

finga
22-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Why are we picking on Warwick anyways??
Bear lives in another teeny town and so does Steve B.

thelump
22-06-2011, 07:50 AM

Anyways.
Feed the pooches
Pick up a trailer to bring home so I can fix the brakes and check all the lights for a road worthy.
Go and see my wog mate and see what he's broken last night and see what needs fixing URGENTLY!!!.
Call into the Post Office to pick up a parcel for the cook. Have a yarn to the lady at the window.
Go to IGA and get some hot, cooked chicken drumsticks and a fresh loaf of bread for lunch and have a yarn to the check out chicky babe.
Be home (pending what the wog needs fixing urgently) before 9.30 in time to throw a stick a few times for the pooches before smoko.

It takes me 2 hours in traffic to get to Lucky Phill's house (with 2 L's) and he's only 7km's up the road.

The chances are though I'll get stuck at Rose and Curly's (Wog's parents) and have smoko there. I won't mind. She's always got fresh biscuits on hand.
If that be the case then everything is shifted by about an hour and a half. But it won't matter ;D

After smoko (pending smoko location): Today's Wednesday so off to the calf and pig sale to see what's happening (and be amased that the inbreds from Killarney found their way 25km's to the big town), go and pick up a crank that's getting machined and then back home to fix some brakes before lunch.

After lunch: have a muck around with the McDonald Imperial Super Diesel to see if I can get the stuck piston unstuck and shove the Briggs and Strattan all back together in time to light the fire about to keep the cook warm tonight.
Oh...nearly forgot. Judge Judy is on at 3pm. So that's afternoon smoko and a laugh ;D

PS: I wonder if Shawn will convey my warning for when he checks the shrimp traps at my secret shrimp spot??

Thats a bloody big day Finga. If it were me I would be using Judge Judy as an excuse for a Nanna Nap.

finga
22-06-2011, 07:57 AM
No time for nana naps young fella.
It's all go around here you know.

It's 7.57 so see ya later eh. I'm off to the ponies.

Shawn 66
22-06-2011, 09:14 AM
;)

Anyways.
Feed the pooches

Nah Scott,
I thought it would be better for the buggers to find out for themselves . All the more for my next trip then.
Shawn;);)

Si
22-06-2011, 10:04 AM
its (warwick) close to some good cod fishing isnt it. That has to be a plus.

wayno60
22-06-2011, 11:28 AM
mate, it wouldn't be right if we weren't pickin on sumfin. It just happened to be Warwicks turn.
By the looks you got a bit of a full day ahead of ya.....on the coast we'd only get half that done in a day.

finga
22-06-2011, 02:41 PM
That's because your all too busy driving to get somewhere ya bunch of wally's.

For those with a bit of culture Warwick is hosting it's annual Jumper and Jazz celebrations in July.
http://www.jumpersandjazz.com/

wayno60
22-06-2011, 03:58 PM
"That's because your all too busy driving to get somewhere ya bunch of wally's"Exactly right, 500,000 people all going different direction...."annual Jumper and Jazz celebrations" lol not exactly the Big Day Out, but i guess it is if you live in warwick.

bennykenny
22-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Several of the 150 tree jumpers travel from overseas and are lovingly installed by gallery volunteers.

Tree jumpers, really Finga your not doing Warwick any favours

Shawn 66
22-06-2011, 04:07 PM
"That's because your all too busy driving to get somewhere ya bunch of wally's"Exactly right, 500,000 people all going different direction...."annual Jumper and Jazz celebrations" lol not exactly the Big Day Out, but i guess it is if you live in warwick.
Must admit Wayno ,
Possitive which one I would prefer , and just a tip , it sure as hell ain't held on the Coast.
Hey Scott , your wog mate , is he the bloke that owns the joint where we were last week ?
P.S I do forgive you for putting sh!t on Killarney , but it is going to cost you more shrimp.
Shawn

Ausfish
22-06-2011, 05:00 PM
73,979 members on Ausfish with 73,979 different nick names. :o
Only Aussies can do that.;D

There is actually over 102,000 members registered. Bit of a glitch with the upgrade, trying to find the problem. If you look at the Members list there is 2051 pages with 50 per page.

finga
22-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Hey Scott , your wog mate , is he the bloke that owns the joint where we were last week ?
P.S I do forgive you for putting sh!t on Killarney , but it is going to cost you more shrimp.
Shawn
Yep. That's right. That's his place.
I was thinking about a bit of a lark with him. How would connecting the windscreen washers to the indicators be if I direct the water hose away from the windscreen squirter to be under the steering column to hit him just about at lefty??

Hey...my mum's side of the family is from Killarney and Legume. :D

Shrimps any bloody time you want. I've got a few shrimps in the freezer too.

finga
22-06-2011, 05:27 PM
As a side note: Frieshien girl calves (I had to say that for you city people who would have had to google heifer) were down to $120-$140 today. Feed must be getting scarce.

finga
22-06-2011, 05:54 PM
annual Jumper and Jazz celebrations .... lol not exactly the Big Day Out, but i guess it is if you live in warwick.
So what exactly happens during a big day out other then waiting in line for public transport to go to one of these things, waiting in line to get into a venue, waiting in line to get your crotch sniffed by a big copper's drug sniffer dog (and possibly some people), waiting in line to have a pee, waiting in line to get a $30 bucket of chips, waiting in line to get a $25 bottle of tap water, waiting in line to have a dump (and getting lefty sniffed again by that dog and/or person), waiting in line to get away from the drunk, stoned looney fighting his boy friends sister's cousin all whilst nearly seeing (if you stand on the drunk, passed out shiela's silicon boobees that is) a band that's about 500m away...and you'll nearly be able to hear that said band if it wasn't for all the other bands, yahoo's and fights happening about the place and then waiting in line to get out of mongrel said place just so you'll be able to wait in another line to catch some more public transport to get home???
And then when you get home you realise why everyone was staring at you and tripping over each other to get to the other side of the train and that shelia you tried to chat up (is hook up with the way it's said now??) could not wait to get away from you. That fat sweaty guy at the p!ss trough has rubbed his sweat all over you. So you now have to throw your $160 shirt out.

Bloody beauty day out eh

wayno60
22-06-2011, 07:22 PM
What a crack up....So you've been to one before?? ive never had the displeasure to attend one.

Gon Fishun
22-06-2011, 09:28 PM
There is actually over 102,000 members registered. Bit of a glitch with the upgrade, trying to find the problem. If you look at the Members list there is 2051 pages with 50 per page.

Thanks Steve.
I stand corrected , and for all the right reasons.

Gon Fishun
22-06-2011, 09:33 PM

This short question has prompted Finga into giving us a look into his life and his quirky sense of humor. " interesting ". Thank you.
I would hasattaguess "Finga" would be for a "finger in every pie"

Defore
23-06-2011, 06:34 AM
My guess is the nic name comes from the "Finga" he would give you if you pick on Warwick

Ian

finga
23-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Keep guessing. Your all wrong so far.
Oi Gon Fishon. I haven't got a sense of humour. I just tell facts. ;)

Camhawk88
23-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Scott Finga Biscuit?

wayno60
23-06-2011, 11:00 AM
scotty do you have all your digits??

finga
23-06-2011, 11:31 AM
scotty do you have all your digits??
Yep, all 11 of them

finga
23-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Scott Finga Biscuit?
That's so close it's not funny. I won't split hairs so give the man a goofy badge :D

wayno60
23-06-2011, 03:04 PM
ok, so now we have that out of the way, Yes 102,000 peeps is not a bad effort...but theres big numbers between registered and active members.

PinHead
23-06-2011, 03:24 PM
So what exactly happens during a big day out other then waiting in line for public transport to go to one of these things, waiting in line to get into a venue, waiting in line to get your crotch sniffed by a big copper's drug sniffer dog (and possibly some people), waiting in line to have a pee, waiting in line to get a $30 bucket of chips, waiting in line to get a $25 bottle of tap water, waiting in line to have a dump (and getting lefty sniffed again by that dog and/or person), waiting in line to get away from the drunk, stoned looney fighting his boy friends sister's cousin all whilst nearly seeing (if you stand on the drunk, passed out shiela's silicon boobees that is) a band that's about 500m away...and you'll nearly be able to hear that said band if it wasn't for all the other bands, yahoo's and fights happening about the place and then waiting in line to get out of mongrel said place just so you'll be able to wait in another line to catch some more public transport to get home???
And then when you get home you realise why everyone was staring at you and tripping over each other to get to the other side of the train and that shelia you tried to chat up (is hook up with the way it's said now??) could not wait to get away from you. That fat sweaty guy at the p!ss trough has rubbed his sweat all over you. So you now have to throw your $160 shirt out.

Bloody beauty day out eh

all that is just to get your groceires from a supermarket at Australia Fair.

PinHead
23-06-2011, 03:25 PM
finga...hmmm...I bet I know how the name came about.

Camhawk88
23-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Scott a finga in everything? (I am splitting hairs- and awaiting my goofy badge)

finga
23-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Here ya go Cammy

http://static.artfire.com/admin/product_images/thumbs/--120000--91615_product_49978664_thumb_large.jpg

theoldlegend
23-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Scott Finga Biscuit?

I've seen him eat a whole packet of them in 7.9 seconds.

And that was after a plate of scones and a plate of pikelets. Both with jam and whipped cream.

TOL

mowerman
23-06-2011, 08:21 PM
As a side note: Frieshien girl calves (I had to say that for you city people who would have had to google heifer) were down to $120-$140 today. Feed must be getting scarce.

Jeez Scott.
Did you have to use 'calves' and 'feed' in the same paragraph.
Instantly brought back the smell of calf shite. Especially scours.

Over 400 of the little buggers. Fed twice a day. 30 at a time in a frame the old man made.
Teats on one side, hose to a bucket on the other.
Formula made up in a copper with a drill to mix it.
All less than 7 days old, untill they were weaned.

Great fun for a kid. Gumboots full of calf crap.
8 years of it.

"DENKAVIT. 1.06lbs of formula gives a live weight gain of 1lb"

Time for another beer.

Rod

wayno60
23-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I knew he had a sweet tooth, i thought it might have been cream finga buns.

Rodsbeersbaitsmates
27-06-2011, 04:52 PM
maybe finga comes from what he catches in the great warwick waterways, FINGAlings :P