PDA

View Full Version : Week off work to fish

seawind8
18-06-2011, 06:27 PM
I thought i would take a week off work and see if i could get out a couple of times and catch a feed. My wife thought it would be ok for her to take a couple of days and slip away in the van for the long weekend. So we packed up last Thursday and headed to Carlo Point Caravan Park, set up Thursday night and my wife told me she had booked me in for a day charter on the Keely Rose :) We were departing about 6.00am so not a real late one. There were only 5 of us plus Ed the skiper and the deckie. Frist drop and we were on to trevally, we all had a ton of fun with these and our arms were streched a little longer. We left them still biting and on to the next spot, here we got Pearlies Hussar Moses Pearch and Ed filled the live bait tank so off we went to try for some red colour. We changed rigs and in they went, I pulled 2 gold spot cod and two of the other guys hooked up with reds but couldn't land them, I think this spooked them and it went quite. Well time to head in and do some serions work. I would recomend this charter to anyone, it was a great day and a good boat to fish out of.
Back home Monday cleaned up and checked the weather forcast for Tuesday, WNW so decided to go out and stay close in. My son had a RDO so we headed out about 11.00am to fish the afternoon, it was a spot i had found last year but hadn't fished it as yet. We decided to give soft plastics a go but had bait just in case. Well i am converted we caught 5 Squire, 6 Grassies, 3 maori cod, 6 hussar, 1Moses Pearch and even a shark on them. I will keep them in the boat from here on. Back to Mooloolaba by 6.30 pm Cleaned up the boat on Wednesday ready for Thursday. My son was back at work so i gave my brother in law a call and he was keen for Thursday afternoon. we left Mooloolaba at about 2.00pm and i decided to head to the same spot and give bait a try this time(i forgot to go and buy some more soft plastics) we got to the mark and droped anchor, baits down and it was on again we caught 2 Hussar, 2 Grassies, 1 Moses Pearch, 10 Squire/Snapper (none with the bump on ther head) and about 20 more squire which were all released to grow a bit more. We were back to Mooloolaba by about 6.30pm another good day on the water. I think i will have to have the same week of next year as well.::)
Cheers Lester

DRAGMAN
18-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I must say it is hard work not working.....esp with all those fish to clean ;D

Horse
18-06-2011, 09:03 PM
A great feed and plenty of variety in areas and technique

FISHAWN
18-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Excellent week there ! How often does one have a week off and have great weather and fishing to boot ?