PDA

View Full Version : wobble rollers bore width, how much do they need to move to work properly

cq fisher
16-06-2011, 09:11 PM
How much side-to-side movement is usual on wobble roller shafts? My wobble rollers have 15mm bore width and can slide 25mm side-to-side along the shaft. Only problem is at each end of travel there is 12mm of shaft and split pin (or welded washer) sticking outside (inside) the roller. Some gel coat has been chipped on the edge of the planning chines and it looks like the wobble rollers are being forced outward by the chines where they are narrower forward and then as the boat comes on climbing over the chines before sitting on the inside where wider aft, and that maybe where the chips happened I'm thinking of cutting down the shafts and redrilling split pin holes, or getting wider rollers that cover the shafts. Do wobble rollers need to move so much side-to-side? (ribbed 70mm wide x 105mm dia x 22mm hole on 20mm shafts)

bigjimg
17-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Without seeing the trailer Cq i would say 70s have been used instead of 100mm.Cutting and drilling the spindle is only going to create a rust issue down the track.I would be identifing the rollers that are the cause of the problem and swapping the over with 18mm bore 100mm rollers.22mm bore is too big for 15mm spindle,sure it works but not right.Or it might be that the set up needs looking at,hard to say without being there.Jim