PDA

View Full Version : STABI-CRAFT reply from sales manager

stinky-stabi
15-06-2011, 09:19 AM
:-X:-X:-X:-X

Jarrah Jack
15-06-2011, 10:27 AM
I went through the same process with a badly engineered Savage a while back...
The "sorry you got it fixed elsewhere" is a cop out. The point is that it isn't fixed and the cause of the problem still remains. A weld along a crack will never fix the cause.

I saw that Ozscott recommended a solicitor if things don't go well with the Stabi guys. I'd be going to fair trading before that as the boat is clearly not fit for purpose regardless of warranty. You need a report from an expert to quantify that.

It would be nice if you could speak to the head honcho at Stabi to discuss the problem with them. Their brand is being affected and with internet forums you can reach a wide audience. Its already reached a Vic forum.

charleville
15-06-2011, 11:02 AM
A special thanks to Stinky-Stabi for sharing his disappointing story with us.

I have long thought hard and long about making a Stabi my next boat but certainly this matter shifts the halo that some of us might have perceived about the Stabicraft brand.

There is a not inconsiderable price premium associated with Stabis that needs to be justified by seeing a first class and pretty swift outcome to this problem. In some other industries, such an issue would warrant a visit by an engineer from head office to analyse the problem and identify a long lasting solution.

This is not 1985. Brand damage can be almost instantaneous and widespread because of the internet in 2011. I have no doubt that the Aussie market is very important to Stabicraft.

I hope that the manufacturer realises the importance of solving this matter urgently. The effect on future sales of a bad result could be disastrous if it becomes widely believed that Stabicraft hulls are prone to cracking due to design flaws.

stinky-stabi
15-06-2011, 11:24 AM
:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

spelchek
15-06-2011, 11:27 AM
What Charleville said. Add me to the list of people seriously liking the idea of a stabi as my next boat (12-18mnths time) - and watching this thread and eventual outcome with considerable interest.

For a company that pushes the 'unsinkable' angle in their marketing, I really hope they go 'above and beyond' to make a seaworthy response to what looks akin to a colander to this untrained eye.

fishing111
15-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Lips sealed a good or bad thing? How come you took down there reply?

LoungeLizard
15-06-2011, 11:50 AM
I'd say Stabicraft has lawyered up on him and/or ausfish

Jarrah Jack
15-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I'd say Stabicraft has lawyered up on him and/or ausfish

I've been lawyered up before on Ausfish and its not a pleasant feeling..

I hope that the Stabi guys come good, and don't revert to the side step game, they have a reputation of intregrity to uphold.

spelchek
15-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Jack, do you mean lawyered up on by Ausfish, or by a manufacturer in response to a post on Ausfish?

stinky-stabi
15-06-2011, 12:34 PM
was asked to take it off so I did , the ball is in their court now , they have been very helpful in the past so we will see whats next, have surveyor from goldy coming up at lunch tomorrow for full inspection(have to pull floor up again;( ) , thanx guys for your helpful replies ;)

Jarrah Jack
15-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Jack, do you mean lawyered up on by Ausfish, or by a manufacturer in response to a post on Ausfish?

It was from a manufacturer in response to a post, not Ausfish. Ausfish are great how they let these things be aired in a reasonable manner.

It turned out alright in the end but you have to be careful. Lawyers !! Well we all know them.

moater
15-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Get a FREWZA!!

You can buy one VERY cheaply compared to the Stabi, have it shipped over and still be way in front $$-wise.The bloke that builds them used to work for Stabi apparently and I've read nothing but praise for them.I want to sell my 4.55m (near new,only used 3 times and 3 hours on donk) Sea Jay and buy a custom one of about 3.8m with high sides...just want to downsize for various health/wealth reasons.

Darren

Lancair
15-06-2011, 02:13 PM
I hope you get the outcome you deserve SS. Posting on here isnt such a bad thing if it gets you results.
I had an entire thread about my teething issues with a new boat, once they (manufacturer) saw it, they asked me to take it off. I agreed on the condition that ALL issues would be rectified with appropriate compenstion in extras on the boat, ie: plumbed in live well, dual battery system, bait board and financial recompensation. That happened quickly and the post dissappeared. :D

EDIT: I should note that the manufacturer read the thread, after I sent them a link to it. The internet can be a powerful tool.

charleville
15-06-2011, 02:15 PM
was asked to take it off so I did , the ball is in their court now , they have been very helpful in the past so we will see whats next, have surveyor from goldy coming up at lunch tomorrow for full inspection(have to pull floor up again;( ) , thanx guys for your helpful replies ;)

I guess that means that they are reading these posts. If so, I hope that they understand that a lot of people are watching to see how well they respond.

PinHead
15-06-2011, 03:15 PM
that is interesting that manufacturers/suppliers ask people to remove posts..if the person that put up the post felt strongly enough to put it there then why remove it? I would just put an addendum on there the manufacturer/supplier is in the throes of solving the issue. If solved quickly and correctly then that is a bonus for the manufacturer as ALL manufacturers have warranty problems at times.

Si
15-06-2011, 03:33 PM
i dont understand. 'they' asked you to remove THEIR reply to the problems in your boat....... so they dont want people to know about their current after sales procedures and management practices? or did ausfish ask you to take it off?

fat-buoy
15-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Good point!!! Why would you remove "their" reply to you.. by issuing that reply they are stating their position in the matter.. thus lawyer or not it is their position and if you wish to share then so be it.. it is not slanderous or malitious or any other big word that I will probably misspell lol..

If they come good then all good post a response saying that . The onus should be on them to ensure that if they are going to issue a response to someone that may well end up in a public forum theat they consider their actions accordingly before stating their position.

I am all for good business but bad business tends to leave a very sour taste.

gunna
15-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Is this the same Stabi that had the windscreen tear off when it was near brand new ??

wayno60
15-06-2011, 04:53 PM
was asked to take it off

Id only be removing it after the problem was fixed...
Ya get lemons with everything, this just happened to be a friday boat...or was that a monday one?

Jeremy
15-06-2011, 05:02 PM
I agree with others, I do not see any legal reason they could have to force you to remove a letter from them, unless the letter had been marked 'confidential'. Hope you get a good response.

Heath
15-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Amazing how the ball starts rolling once they realise their products short comings is out there for all to see on the internet.
Have seen it a few times now..... power to the people I say.

Dignity
15-06-2011, 05:48 PM
I suspect that once they have written to you the contents is legally public unless they have specifically marked it confidential or is that not the case. In any case if they are willing to continue discussions then ethically you should not publish it until a resolution is reached.

nigelr
15-06-2011, 07:17 PM
From memory I think you may be right gunna; could it have been a 'Friday arvo' boat?
Hope it all works out correctly.

sleepygreg
16-06-2011, 12:48 AM
just make sure you have all your I's dotted and T's crossed when dealing with Kiwi companies....they wont miss an opportunity to stick it to someone in Aus.

Angla
16-06-2011, 08:49 AM
It could be that there will be a precedence if they state one way or the other on here. Next thing you know the precedence is the reason why, rather than the actual reason.

Think about it a little

I hope the outcome is favorable and just

Cheers
Chris

stinky-stabi
16-06-2011, 03:37 PM
It could be that there will be a precedence if they state one way or the other on here. Next thing you know the precedence is the reason why, rather than the actual reason.

Think about it a little

I hope the outcome is favorable and just

Cheers
Chris

well said angla..:).. thanx......:-X

Dicko
17-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Having 3 of these threads going and bits deleted is just weird. No continuity, or no indication if they're doing the right thing or not.

TimiBoy
17-06-2011, 10:21 AM
I had an issue with an accessory on my tub. I asked about service, and managed to work into the conversation that I was an Ausfish Member, and happy to post on good experiences. I forget the issue, but I did post about it because I got exceptional service.

You have leverage, use it before things get nasty, imo. In fact, "I'm a Member of Ausfish" should be the first thing you say, if you have the hide.

Cheers,

Tim

stinky-stabi
17-06-2011, 11:03 AM
still waiting on stabi to ring back as they rang me tuesday morning and said they were going to ring back that afternoon ??? 3 days later still waiting ??

PinHead
17-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Personally if I had a problem with anything I would deal with the manufacturer/supplier and not make any posts on any forums about it..if they solved the problem promptly then i would put a post stating same..if not then ditto. You could end up with egg on your face if it does pan out how you exect.
Secondly, if you ever decide to sell the boat there are now a lot of people that know the problems it had has regardless of how good any reapirs made are done.

Jarrah Jack
17-06-2011, 12:10 PM
still waiting on stabi to ring back as they rang me tuesday morning and said they were going to ring back that afternoon ??? 3 days later still waiting ??

Its all part of the game SS. Don't wait for them, keep them on their toes. Email is better cause then you will have it in writing. Write down details of phone conversations etc.

Send them an email saying the replies are going back up if they don't ring back. Don't waste time with them. Send them a copy of Nicks report then ask for a response within a week or its off to Fair Trading and mediation.

I hope it turns out well for you mate.