PDA

View Full Version : Need advice o 1990 predator boat.

collector
13-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Hello to all,i am new to this forum and am hoping to get some advice from you guys.Have been out of the boating scene for a while now,my last boat was a Quintrex Fishmaster and i am now looking to get back into fishing.I have been offered a 1990 5.3mtr Predator, built by Dingle and &Co on the South Coast and i have been trying to get info about these boats,to no avail.Any opinions on this boat would be much appreciated,as would any info on sites that i could view.The boat has been owned by this person since new and it would not have 40 hours of usage.Motor is a 60 HP Johnno.I have no idea as to value regarding this boat,so any advice again,would be appreciated.Look forward to any replies Collector.

nigelr
14-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Young bloke down the road had one; awesome bit of gear, very solidly built platey.
Personally I'd reckon a 60 would be underdone, at least a 75 but a 90 or 115 would be better as they are way heavier than a pressed alloy hull.
Any pics? What $? Personally I rate the Predators very highly.
This is an interesting point though, and worth checking. I wouldn't necessarily discount the boat because of this issue however, but worth being aware of.
http://www.designerboats.com.au/general-information/34-fuel-tank-cover-repairs-for-predator-boats