PDA

View Full Version : Boyne/Tannum Hookup Performances

Mr Squiggles
13-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Just wondering how other people went? For me, a big flop. Probably my worst performance ever with a rod & reel but still had a hoot with good friends.

spearo
19-06-2011, 07:49 AM
We spent the thursday night at Douglas in some fairly ordinary weather and caught stuff all due to the conditions. The next morning was a bit better so we headed out from douglas to Goodwin shoals where we filled the esky with red throat a few trout. In between throwing up one of my deckies managed to land a cracker 63cm Red Throat which he weighed in and took out the overall prize. It went 2.53kg gilled and gutted but looked like a much heavier fish when we first seen it. The fish ended up getting us $700 in prize money and me mate got a new rod, needless to say it was his shout all night on the Sunday night, a good result in bad conditions.

barra_cuda81
19-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Me and a mate launched my 15ft side console at Port Alma and fished the top end of Curtis (Keppel Rocks- Cape Capricorn) on the Friday. Two good cods and a few red jew but no grunter or fingermark (target fish). I also lost what would've been a good mackeral or cobia. It took a whole mullet fillet on gangs on the drop and by the time i could flip the bail arm over it had nearly spooled me. Tightening the drag on this decent fish stopped me getting spooled but ended up popping the leader! Didn't fish the Saturday, conditions atrocious and thinking it was going to be the same on the Sunday (which it wasn't), got on the drink Saturday night and slept it off sunday!!!! The guy who won the big boat was 3 rows behind where i was sitting and he wasn't even excited! His words were in a gruff tone...."Bout time i won something"