PDA

View Full Version : Center Console Under 4.3 - 4.5m

J2DAG83
12-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Howdy All

After some advice... have searched on the forums and couldn't find what i was looking for so thought i'd post...

I'm getting half keen on trading in my open tinny for a center console thats slightly bigger.. i don't want to go above 4.5m, i've had a look at a few but the console seems a bit too far forward for my liking..... i quite liked the look / layout of the horizon 445 i think it was.. and i just seen on the net the clark abalone 435.... anyway i'll leave it open to peoples comments..... oh and don't worry bout plateys as i'm only looking at up to 20k.

Cheers

goat boy
13-06-2011, 10:58 AM
polycraft rear cc? comfier ride than a tinny too. Should pick up a bran nuey under 20k, a 2ndhander with quite a few extras in good nick as well.

frankgrimes
13-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Hey mate - As goat boy said, have a look at the Poly's...I've got the 4.5 CC....good boats.

Mick

Bilopete
13-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Have you considered converting your existing tinnie? I've just gone through the exercise of costing it out and to convert my tinnie to s/c or c/c and the outboard to forward controls with electric start will be about $2k. My boat cost me $4K for a 4.3m Sea Jay with 35HP and I reckon I'm flat out getting $4500 it for (in this current market). With the conversion, I can have a decent package for $6K and to date I haven't found anything on the market for this price and specs. Unless of course I get an older boat or go smaller (i.e. 399 or 4.1m).

Not that there is anything wrong with my boat but being a 1997 package the motor is only going to be worth in the low to mid $1K. Boat has plenty of extra's but it has been knocked around a bit form the previous owner.

ANyway, just suggesting keeping your boat if you like it.

The Ganat side console folds away when not being used. I 've rewad good reports about it and it might be suitable for the boat of your size.

Cheers

Pete

J2DAG83
13-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the replies fellas..... yeah i like the poly, i have hired the 6m jobby a couple times and other then being a bit wet def would not complain.... in the 4.5m center console though i hate those storage box things at the back.... got a price from cunninghams for 20k drive away....

Would love to convert mine but it's just a tad small i think....4.1 aquamaster which is quite a small 4.1m boat.

Thanks again

jeffo
13-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Find yourself a haines 445f/formula 15c.