PDA

View Full Version : Couple of fish from the Goldie Today

TimD
10-06-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm way to tired after 2 1/2 hours sleep last night so i'm not going to do a big report :sleeping:

Anyway, timddo and i fished the Goldie from 3:30am to 2:00pm today. We fished various marks from the 24 fathom to 50 fathoms. We managed to get our bag of trag within an hour but the rest of the fish we had to work hard for.

Conditions out there were shocking :o

cheers tim :)

frankgrimes
10-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Nice haul there fellas...yeah conditions look terrible ::)

Mick

Timfishin4fun
11-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Nice little haul for the hard work put in.

Pity the weather was a bit tough to work with out wider.

Timbo

TimD
11-06-2011, 10:59 AM
The 50's were dead yesterday. Almost all of the fish came from the 24's and 36's. It may have been because there was almost no run out there. I had no trouble getting down in 80-90 metres with a 1oz jighead, usually at the 50's you would need a 3-4oz jighead.

indy
11-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Nice feed tim nice conditions and sure beats work, usually when there is no run we do really well for snapper, threw some burley out and match the way the burley goes down with your bait some times dont use a sinker at all in 90 metres of water, just let line out and dont let your line go tight and you will no when a snapper has grabbed it as it will just start ripping out of your hand.

Also it best to have your mate use one size sinker and you use say next size up until you work out which is working better on the day, some days my mate might be kicking my butt fish wise because his sinker size is only one size different, but as soon as i change over and copy him i am on.

cheers pete...

oh use mono 30 pound is usually heaps

Pistol_P
11-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Incredible Tim,

You have both the extinct species there...Snapper and Trag Jew.

Excellent work mate.

Pete

business class
11-06-2011, 03:08 PM
we headed out of tweed yesterday and only found 1 15kg cobia till 11am then found a heap of pearly's, got our bag on them then pushed back in when it glassed off and got our bag on snapper. Was perfect conditions and we had three rods going off at a time with no current of all. Was an awesome day.

FISHAWN
11-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Nice fish Tim, Kicking myself for not towing lures this morning, seems the fin are about.
What did you get him on ? Got some marks on the way too just having issues with sounder not working.

TimD
11-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Mick- Get your poly out to your trag marks, there in plague proportion. Mullet strips on a paternoster rig is the go. ;)

Timbo- We tryed your mark east of the seaway on the 42's but it was barron, tim was tempted to go to your marks off the Pin but he said they were pretty far away from where we were at the time. Rosco's marks were all barron too but i guess one day the fish might be there and gone the next.

indy- thanks for the tips mate, we shall put them to good use next trip out :thumbsup:

Pete- Mate if the bag limit on trag was 20 each we could have easily got out bag limit. Most drops i was pulling up 2 at a time, I guess we really need a closed season on trag cos there an endangered species for sure hahahaha ::)

Matty- sounds like you's did better than us, maybe tim and i should invest in a NSW fishing licence.

FISHAWN- We towed an X-rap around but didnt pick anything up. I got the Fin on a 7" gulp jerkbait in punk prawn or disco prawn colour. A wise man once told me when your winding your plastic up to make another cast crank it in really fast and you might get a suprise. No rush with the marks mate the weather looks crap for the next week anyway.

frankgrimes
11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
hehe...cheers Tim - Mate with 2 kids, my leave passes are few and far between.

Itching to get out there though.

Mick

Timfishin4fun
12-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Timbo- We tryed your mark east of the seaway on the 42's but it was barron, tim was tempted to go to your marks off the Pin but he said they were pretty far away from where we were at the time. Rosco's marks were all barron too but i guess one day the fish might be there and gone the next.

Hi again, I have checked the Gps and that mark was good. Have you got it running in wgs84?

Or just maybe in 3 days all the fish left.

Timbo

rosco1974
12-06-2011, 02:14 PM
yeah seems strange that u say the marks are barron,everytime i fish those marks i gave u there a fish there or within 50 oddmtrs of it.u must of just picked a day when the fish where hiding

TimD
12-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Rosco and Timbo - Sent you's a PM

Timfishin4fun
13-06-2011, 06:53 AM
PM now open for business.

Timfishin4fun
13-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Clear your PM's Tim

TimD
13-06-2011, 05:14 PM
PM's cleared :thumbsup:

business class
14-06-2011, 02:21 PM
wheres my pm for marks HAHAHAHA.... any trag marks you have tim keep them up your sleeve when summer comes. You show me where they are and ill show you what we catch hehehehhe.

ozassassin
14-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Nice going there mate, good to see you got out, but i don't know about the weather conditions though.

But judging by the catch it might of been worth it in the end.

Eric