PDA

View Full Version : Is My Tinnie Gonna Make It?

mickjbuist
09-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Hello everyone,

Looking at making my first trip to Peel Island.

I have a 4.5m Tinny with a 35hp johnson, my tinny has fairly low sides (Approx 500mm).

Am I making a death wish or will it be fine?

Any expert advice would be excellent.

thanks.

finga
09-06-2011, 07:26 PM
No worries....but where do you launch from??
Anyways...Pick a nice day and off you go.
I used to go over to Peel with my tiny tinny which is a 3.7m Stessl with a 15hp Honda all the time from Viccy Pt.
The main thing is to go on a nice day to start with.

Enjoy yourself then matey

mickjbuist
09-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Im thinking Raby Bay for the first trip.

I would give it a go this weekend but the weather is shithouse. Long weekend i will have to spend with the missus i guess.

mickjbuist
09-06-2011, 07:41 PM
No worries....but where do you launch from??
Anyways...Pick a nice day and off you go.
I used to go over to Peel with my tiny tinny which is a 3.7m Stessl with a 15hp Honda all the time from Viccy Pt.
The main thing is to go on a nice day to start with.

Enjoy yourself then matey

Long trip from Warwick though lol.

goat boy
09-06-2011, 07:56 PM
I got a 4.6m and regularly go from viccy pt to peel and beyond. Once I was out and the conditions went crappy, just made for a slowwww trip back. You'll be fine on a reasonable day, enjoy!

AnthonyL
09-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Launch at vicky point, its an easier ride than from Raby Bay.

Dont forget to log on with vmr vicky pt... Its easy just walk up to the window.

finga
10-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Long trip from Warwick though lol.
Lucky I have plenty of time then eh ;)
If your worried about going over have a launch from Viccy Pt and venture over to Cucchi, go all around Cucchi and then Goat and then Peel.
Get the hang of the place and get confidence in your boat and you'll be right as rain.
Just remember the green zones etc around the traps though. Wouldn't want you in trouble would we??

Bear001
10-06-2011, 11:19 AM
went all over moreton bay in my 4m hornet/40hp....actually one day I put in a biiig effort...left Wello, went to Peel, back up to Mud and worked our way back...big day in little boat!

Got caught out in really bad weather at Peel one day, just a slow trip home ...but home safe

mickjbuist
10-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Does it get rough around mud, I've heard it's pretty good fishing but I'm not sure of the ride around it

brisbane_boy
10-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Mud is probably easier than going to peel if you head out of the bris river and stay along the rock wall side, i think it fishes better than peel anyway

Giveitacrack
10-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Easy trip.I regularly leave raby bay for peel then go to amity point back through the rous to harries and back to raby bay in my 435m 40hp tinnie.Just be wary if the wind picks up.I have had some nasty trips back from peel with wind against tide chop.Be safe.