PDA

View Full Version : glenlyon yellowbelly

Ryan the slayer
09-06-2011, 12:16 PM
hi all a am heading out to glenlyon dam for the long weekend and was hoping to catch a few yellowbelly I have chaced them before but not very successfuly can someone out there tell me any good techniques I am only using bait because I will have the misses with me and don't want any hooks in me

wamjam
09-06-2011, 05:39 PM
If you have a boat, find some timber in somewhere between 15 and 25ft of water and drop a shrimp or small yabby down on a 1/o hook with a small sinker. Do this for 10-15 minutes and move to the next tree if you don't get any hits. You don't need to move far, just keep trying. Evan better, get some local knowledge from the camp area.

Scott

rabbi
10-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Earthworms work well when the water temp is down.
We used to do okay at Copeton and Glenlyon with small yabbys and worms in winter, but spring is a better time!
Could be a bit chilly with the weather coming in this weekend. pack an extra blanket.
Cheers, steve

Ryan the slayer
23-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks wamjam & rabbi got onto a few was a bit slow to start off with i found them on the monday morning getting 6 yellowbelly and a catfish i must have droped another 4 or 5 and that was in 1 1/2 hrs i need to rethink my knot im using on my 6lb mono. all up 7 yellowbelly and 2 catfish