PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota Spare Parts

VictorOscar
08-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Hey,

I have been a member of Ausfish for some time now and thought it was time to give something back so I thought I would share my memorable experience with an American company in parts for my Minn Kota.

I went on to the Northland Marine website (http://www.northlandmarine.com) a shop located in Wisconsin. The site is fantastic, from the main page you can choose to either go to the Minn Kota Parts & Accessories section or to the part diagrams which I believe they have one for each model/year so you should be able to find yours there.

Anyway, I went into the Parts Diagrams found the one that related to my model and got a list of the part numbers. I then emailed them at info@northlandmarine.com to get a quote on postage and prices. Now there is a of a delay in getting a response due to the difference in time but I found that I got responded to around 8am - 10am and lucky for me they had the parts in stock and they set up a money request through PayPal (which makes payment a breeze). I also asked for a tracking number which they sent through.

Now here is the best part, I paid for the parts on 02/06/2011 and they were at my front door on 07/06/2011! I have bought stuff in Australia before and it has taken longer. UPS must work faster the Auspost?

I would highly recommend this company to anyone wanting to source Minn Kota parts however, my postage was $US85.00 :( but having ordered a new shaft, the box was a long rectangular shape and I would imagine that a small parcel (which would most likely be sufficient for any other part then the shaft) would be much cheaper. None the less, they will tell you the amount of postage when you email them, just make sure you ask them how much postage to Suburb, State, Australia would cost.

Hope this helps anyone looking to mod/fix their motor. I am currently extending the shaft on my transom mount so that I can turn the head around and mount it off the bow on my tinnie. I will hopefully put up a post of my progress with it at a later date after I have done some trials with it.

TB