PDA

View Full Version : For fishers with bad backs the solution may be to hand; but at a price probably.

Chimo
08-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Not sure what these cost but for those of us with bad backs it would be a nice way to get to good fishing spots. Wonder if you can fit rod holders?

Maybe this should be in Boating?

Cheers
Chimo

http://www.dump.com/2010/12/21/did-you-know-theres-an-entire-type-of-aircraft-that-relies-on-the-ground-effect-to-stay-aloft-video/

onerabbit
08-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Hmmm

does it come with a casting deck & live well??

Muzz

Boat Hog
08-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Burlying would be real easy .... just start the props spinning and throw the pillies out the window!!

frank100
08-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Their crapp ! have you tried trolling at 190knots

cormorant
08-06-2011, 09:59 PM
so what happened to em? I remember a accident somewhere and then it all went quiet years and years ago. I like the idea that they are classed as aboat and that way they were cheaper to run.

I put up a months ago about the russian erkanoplanes ( spelling) - you got free missile ( burley) launchers with them and seating for 300 mates and a couple of tanks!!! That fast 2m off the water would scare the crap out of me- no time to correct for anything and water like concrete

Blackened
10-06-2011, 06:02 PM
G'day

Personally I love the idea, and if ever refined, would be a great thing in the move forward away from the increasingly popular wave piercing cats.

http://aerotechnews.socialgo.com/magazine/read/the-fate-of-the-airfish-8-wig-program_88.html

This is what happened,

Dave

Chimo
10-06-2011, 07:39 PM
100 staff and nothing built.............sounds like Gillard got involved!

Lancair
19-06-2011, 10:40 PM
The original manufacturing base was meant to be Cairns, but after several yrs and not a lot of success they folded. The designs, one now non-operational model, various manufactured parts, molds etc etc are in the hands of a Singapore based company that plans to refine the design and manufacture in China.

Good luck to em I say.

deckie
20-06-2011, 03:05 AM
Thats a 1.2m wave height its "cruising comfortably over" ? Looks more like 1.2 cm.
Been around for eons these things...hell i was shooting down messershmitts with a sopwith camel when the ruskies invented these. Even my old mate manny richtoffen had one for impressing the chicks. Just sayin.

So if it cuts up a bit can u still land safely ? Or are they just for short runs over inshore/freshwater only ?