PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go?

truth stretcher
07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
If you were based in Brisbane and were to leave on a fishing/camping holiday for about 2 or so weeks with a 4wd and 6m plate behind it where would you head with your family on board?
South ?
North ?
Would you travel to a spot and stay a while?
Would you stop at many different spots?
Thanks

Haji-Baba
07-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Sandy Straits from Tin Can Bay. That would keep you busy for two weeks and the family safe.

Put your boat in the marina under lock and key.

Plenty of whiting, maybe a crab or two, possibly a tailer and Flattie.

Have fun Haji-Baba

bigjimg
07-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Yamba is a good spot.Beach,river,offshore,all the facilities available for the family.Plenty of places to explore with Yamba as the base.Blue Dolphin resort is a good park.Jim

NAGG
07-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Whitsundays - take the camping gear & spend a few days at
Armit Is & Butterfly bay (Hook Is) ...... In between you can recharge the batteries at Arlie beach or Hamilton Is
I did this with a 5.35m Cc & It still lives in my mind as one of the best things I have done ........... camping , snorkling , fishing in a pristine environment.

Chris

Feral
08-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Unless you've got a lot of loot for fuel, I'd be finding a spot to camp for most of the time. I'd be looking at northern NSW. (If you can find a bit of paddock that is not a green zone).

Flex
08-06-2011, 06:26 AM
I second the vote for Whitsundays, great all round spot for a holiday.
Fishing,Snorkling,swimming in world class beaches, Pristine Islands. Even if you dont catch a thing its still a good holiday.

In your boat it would a great trip. You can hit the reef itself in good weather. I stay at the Big4 caravan park there. Cheap cabins and close to the boat ramp. heaps of stuff for kids to do and a pub direct across the road..

That or hit hinchinbrook Island. If your going fishing for 2 weeks. I'd be making the effort to go to a place where your gunna catch decent fish.. Although Hinchinbrook is more of a pure fishing destination, Whitsundays is a great general holiday spot.

Marlin_Mike
08-06-2011, 07:54 AM
I agree with bigjimg, Yamba has it all, if it blows great river fishing, good days off shore.

Mike

Prowl n Wolf
08-06-2011, 04:54 PM
for me hathead mid north coast nsw. great little camp ground by the beach and access offshore pretty ezy with the boat ramp right in the campground. i might be wrong, (someone on ausfish will know) but i think its the closest point to the shelf in nsw around 14ks off memory. head'n down at chrissy with the family again this year. regards, tony.

tunaticer
08-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Stanage Bay, it gives you lots of options camping on different islands. The fishing is a little above mediocre too.

Nathanrb4
08-06-2011, 06:32 PM
1770. Camped down there for the first time in march just gone for a week and can't wait to get back down there. Its only 6 or so hours north of brissy aswell. Im sure the guys that head there each year for the m&g could even give you some pointers.

Almako
08-06-2011, 07:39 PM
If you don't want to go to far what about straddie. Cheap camp sites, or cabins. Good boat ramp, close to offshore reefs, close to inshore squire at peel etc, beach fishing, pier fishing. Get to explore the fishing areas you already know but with more time to discover them better and learn new ones.

Horse
08-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Another vote for Stanage Bay. Its a pretty special place.

bigjimg
17-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Hervey Bay is not a bad spot neither or a little north,Woodgate is another gem.Jim

wayno60
17-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Baffle creek or 1770 .
Depending on the size of your camp set up, but i know with ours id be staying in one place.
you can waist up to two days packing up, driving and then setting up again.

pueter66
18-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Stanage bay is very nice but you do have to navigate 100kms of crappy dirt road. Great place with some local knowledge. I would take the staggered trip up the coast tincan bay or yamba, stanage or you could leave your car at the rossely bay security car park and camp on humpy island near Keppel. Pristine spot on a blue water tropical island with water toilet showers and unbeatable views. Good base to start fishing from multiple reefs and islands all around. Second thoughts stay away I suddenly feel like a camping trip.;D
Pueter